Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Number Plate Replacement

speedwaydthom

Help required please with replacing my rear number plate which has fallen off somewhere during a long journey up North yesterday from Southampton

The sticky fixers have failed and I would prefer to fix with screws which are a safer bet to avoid this sort of thing recurring.

There are 2 pre drilled holes but I do not have screws which fit and the standard Halfords number plate screws are too small. Does anyone please know if these screws are a standard Toyota part? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. If I need to drill holes, are there any pitfalls, eg wire to reversing camera etc?

One last question, does anyone know if the loss should be reported to DVLA/police/insurance company?

Only need to advise the Police if both plates have disappeared - ie nicked. Make sure you buy from an authorised source - some companies (especially some web based suppliers) supply 'show plates' which aren't road legal - ie don't comply with the British Standard.

Can get over sized number plate screws - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=a9_asc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AOver+sized+number+plate+screws&keywords=Over+sized+number+plate+screws&ie=UTF8&qid=1492425886

Thanks for the comments Frostyballs which were very helpful.

Just a brief update for anyone who is interested. Police advised me to inform Highways Authority which I did. They provided me with a reference number and have recorded the loss on their database.

Replacement plate obtained from Halfords and now fitted with plastic screws supplied by ECP.

11 hours ago, speedwaydthom said:

Thanks for the comments Frostyballs which were very helpful.

Just a brief update for anyone who is interested. Police advised me to inform Highways Authority which I did. They provided me with a reference number and have recorded the loss on their database.

Replacement plate obtained from Halfords and now fitted with plastic screws supplied by ECP.

Your police seem good. A few years ago some scumbag ripped the number plates from my 107 while it was sat outside of my house. Rang the police, they recorded it but didn't advise me to advise anyone else.

I would say though that in this instance my number plates were screwed on, and they were ripped off. From then on I stuck with the sticky pads when changing number plates as I don't feel the "anti-theft" screws actually do anything constructive.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links