Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Icon+ or Business Ed.What's the difference??

Seanbrenn

Hi Guys,

I'll be traveling from Ireland soon to buy a 2014 Avensis. 

As I'll have to pay a  registration tax on car upon re-entry to the state the spec/engine matters as it effects the open market selling price here, which in turn effects the tax calculated by Revenue and charged to me for importation etc. etc. 

Anyway... the version 'Business Edition' was never sold here by Toyota Ireland - but the 'Icon' was.

In Autotrader UK listings there seems to be no real difference between an 'Icon +' specced Avensis and a 'Business Edition'.Is there a difference that I'm not seeing :) Anyone have any thoughts please?

Thanks guys

Each importer selects the exact specification they think would sell in their market - so the Toyota Ireland cars (ie the Icon) may well differ from Toyota GB cars with the same trim name, and the same applies to the model range (ie Toyota Ireland sell the Corolla saloon (2007 on) and the Auris van, which have never been sold in the UK).

Your best way of comparing the Irish Icon+ with the UK Business Edition may be to get details on the UK spec from somewhere like www.parkers.co.uk and compare that with local information on your Icon+

You asked about the differences between a Icon+ and a Business Edition. Well, to add to any confusion my car is an Icon Business Edition! I believe these were only available in 2015 just before the current model was introduced. I presume they have both Icon and Business Edition specifications. The Honest John website also provides details of specifications and spec history and help you to complete your import entry.

Thanks guys - I was really just wondering whether the Icon+ or Business Edition had any real difference in their spec.

Both come loaded with extras but are there minor differences like for instance the amount of Speakers or USB port - that kind of thing?

I have looked at the retail price in 2014/15 of the Icon and the Icon Business Edition saloons and the latter is £200 more expensive. This suggests that the specs of both are very similar.

According to the Honest John website the Icon+ was sold new between April 2013 and February 2014 and presumably became the Icon Business Edition after that. More detailed examination of the websites may throw more light on the subject for you.

As Frosty states above the UK trim spec may differ of course from the Irish one, as could the trim version names.

Ahhh!! That's what it is.I really was mystified.

Thanks for all your help everybody - Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links