Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris XP10 OBD2 Connector and Parameters

lflpguerra

Hey everyone, I searched the forums and didn't found anything relatable, so here it goes.

Does any one know if I can get access to the temperature sensor through the OBD? I mean, can I get access to that, with an ELM327? Can I even access the ECU with an ELM327?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can read the live data of the coolant temperature sensor parameter.

Even with the ELM327? I tried connecting one to the OBD port, and it didnt connect.

"...it did't connect"

What do you mean? is it the physical connector not connecting or there is no activity on the comms?

IS it correctly set up on your PC?

I used the ELM327 with the android Torque app, the app didn't recognized the ELM, and the ELM showed a red light...
Im not sure how the ELM works doe...

I have never used Torque.  So I can't be sure what it can do. But for the sI molar price you should get the Mini vci.

Why do you want to measure the coolant temperature parameter? 

Because I'm confident with the little light on the dashboard...
Also, where can I get this mini vci? Is that a different app?

You plug the ELM327 into the OBD port. You then need to pair your phone with the ELM327 (Bluetooth) before you try and use Torque. Once you have completed pairing, you then need to go into Torque's settings and select the ELM327 as the working adaptor for the app.... You did read the instructions that came with your adaptor right? 

The ELM I used wasnt mine, it was from a friend of mine and he said it probably wouldnt read and gave up... Im gonna order one today and try again.

Thanks for all the info.

• 2 weeks later...

These adapters only work with torque pro version, kindly buy that app for 5$ and u r good to go. Also try to buy ANCEL's OBD-II adapter. I also have a pro version of obd car doctor app, If u want that, kindly tell me your email address, I will mail you. :)

2 hours ago, humayun.chughtai.7 said:

These adapters only work with torque pro version

That is simply NOT True! Don't mislead people like that.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-11 at 10:24 PM, humayun.chughtai.7 said:

These adapters only work with torque pro version, kindly buy that app for 5$ and u r good to go. Also try to buy ANCEL's OBD-II adapter. I also have a pro version of obd car doctor app, If u want that, kindly tell me your email address, I will mail you. :)

Nonsense! This poster is just trying to flog something!

My generic ELM327 device worked perfectly using the free Torque app and similarly with the paid for app.

And yes, both display the engine coolant temperature on my Andriod phone and tablet p.c. once connected.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2017 at 4:35 AM, CPN said:

That is simply NOT True! Don't mislead people like that.

Brother, in my case, it is working with my 2001 toyota echo so why should I mislead anybody ? I am just recommending u people. Although I am also using OBD car doctor pro app also, It also works.

Edited by humayun.chughtai.7

Selling apps or similar is against the terms and conditions of Toyota Owners Club. Certain references to app costs, etc have been hidden.

9 hours ago, humayun.chughtai.7 said:

Brother, in my case, it is working with my 2001 toyota echo so why should I mislead anybody ? I am just recommending u people. Although I am also using OBD car doctor pro app also, It also works.

Firstly, I am NOT your "brother" and secondly, I pulled you up for making a statement that was factually incorrect and misleading to others who may be experimenting with using the OBDII port of their car and therefore, you were NOT being helpful at all to others (which is the whole point of these forums). Myself, I have 3 different OBDII bluetooth adaptors. 2 were cheap clones and the other is a more expensive one. They ALL work reliably with any of the FREE OBDII diagnostic apps that are available for Android. THAT is/was my point!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links