Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 1.0 engine vs Citroen C1 1.2 engine comparison

fordulike

Hi again, David (Sorry I've no idea why I called you Stuart before. :blush: )

I actually think that you're right with your sums, which is a bit of a shame really, if you get my meaning.  I'd better not tell my Missus though as she likes the new C1 (and the Peugeot 108) over the Mark2 Aygo, she thinks the "X" front on the Aygo is "Angry"....Each to our own, I suppose.  To be honest with you, she's got no chance of any of them as we're keeping the Aygo Fire for a good bit yet. :wink:

I can see why it's a tough choice for you, it's not an easy decision to make is it?

P.S. David,

Talking of my better half, I remember when we were looking for a new car. I did everything that you have done, checked warranties, projected running costs, reliability, trim levels, free road tax, size, as there is only the two of us and all the rest. We had a shortlist of cars, walked into the Toyota showroom and looked at the Aygo. I reminded her of all the work that I'd done and that we still had other cars to compare.

Her reply was "Yes, I know all that but this one's orange"

Needless to say that we bought it and the thing is that she was right, we still love the Aygo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent Orange said:

...she thinks the "X" front on the Aygo is "Angry"....Each to our own, I suppose.

Sorry for the off-topic, but this is exactly what my two boys (5 and 7) said when they first saw my Aygo (2016) - "this car is angry!". They do like it though :-)

One thing you may wish to check is how the extended warranty fits with Citroen's three year plus servicing. Unlike the new car warranty, a manufacturer's extended warranty isn't covered by Block Exemption and they can stipulate where the car is serviced in order for the warranty to remain valid. Toyota's Essential Care scheme for 5 year plus cars satisfies the extended warranty conditions, and is substantially cheaper than their Fixed Price Servicing.

There are two levels of 3 year plus servicing that Citroen offer - Originals which uses Citroen parts, and is within £5 per service of Toyota's Fixed Price Servicing, and Essentials which uses approved parts and is quite a bit cheaper (though not as cheap as Toyota's Essential Care). Do both levels of 3 year plus servicing satisfy the requirements of the extended warranty, or is it the more expensive Originals as that uses original parts?

See my earlier link.

Another good point Mike, thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links