Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

automatic window wipers

haelewyn

I have the Auris with automatic window wipers / rain sensor.
I am under the impression the system doesn't work that well as it either waits until the window is very full of raindrops (when it's on for a while) or just wipes every x seconds even if there is almost no rain on the windscreen.

The salesman before told me it's a sensitivity switch I have .. not interval.. And that switch controls the automatic wipers. I can't get a hold of it how it works... Does anybody know if it has been described somewhere ?
In the end, no matter what position I select on the switch, I end up turning it in many directions until it stops raining.

Anyone agrees or knows more about it ?

There are a few solutions that I am aware of, to help the auto wipers. First make sure the windscreen where the sensor is clean. If that does not work next time it rains, then it is possible that the sensor is faulty. if still covered by warranty, go to the dealer.

The next thing is to read the following posts:-

it has been said that unplugging the rain sensor can also disable the auto lights too! 

• Like 1

Hi ! Thanks for that one. My problem is comparable to some people's story but only to those who say it's not working like they expect.
It IS functioning ...  just not great.
I remember from the second link that it's simple to switch the rain sensor off. Auto headlights can stop working then too.

Will talk to the dealer about it on my next maintenance .. if that doesn't solve anything, will disconnect the thing and switch back to good old intermittent wipers.

Mine has decided to work the opposite to the stalk setting, as in when its set to low sensitivity it goes berserk and on high sensitivity it works like I am used to.

Hopefully it will be just a reset when it goes in for its service latter this month.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links