Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Corolla S CVT Problems

mariaevinne

Hi Guys, Recently I have been having CVT problems with my 14 Corolla S. 1st nd 2nd gear seem to be slipping..now ill give a little detail...when i accelerate sometimes from a stop the car will jump RPMS and as I call it kinda ***** the car a little bit as almost like the gear isnt catch properly, also when coming to a stop and the car is downshifting when the car is idling at 1100rpm coming to a stop finally right before i stop it finally downshifts to idle but when it does it also jerks the car. It just seems to be like the first two gears is slipping on both accelerating and coming to a stop. I have taken it to the dealer twice and have gotten the same B.S. answer "Our tech drove the car three times and didnt find anything wrong, the CVT trans is a new trans and you might think its jerking but its not" now I am not that dumb and this is happening because it wasnt doing it before. I am just really frustrated because i bought this car brand new and am not satisfied with it. Anybody else have this problem? Have any suggestions? Any idea what the problem could be? Anything would help!

Hi,

Here in the UK the Corolla  was never fitted with CVT and was replaced by the Auris in 2007.

Try posting in the Auris forum as that is very similar to your model; if the moderator does not move it for you first.

Do you drive your car with transmission in Sport or Manuel mode? Otherwise I can't figure out why you can feel it shifting gears. CVT is just a steelbelt that variates in diameter, to find best possible gear or engine rpm. How many miles have your car done, maybe it's time for a oil change? Toyota claims that the oil never need replacement, no such oil exsists, and I've been planning to change the oil every 40.000 miles, no matter what the dealer recommends. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links