Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis verso automatic gearbox oil change

thechod

53 plate toyota avensis verso vvti petrol automatic

Which oil to use for automatic gearbox?

is it straight forward undo bolt drain and fill?

thanks

You will need 3.5 litres of ATF T-IV

16 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

You will need 3.5 litres of ATF T-IV

Unless it's a flush, then you'd need a lot more. How far has the gearbox been running on the current fluid? It's generally not recommended to do a flush if the gearbox has gone alot more than 35 000 miles, as the clutc packs might "lose grip"

Itsdone 86000 miles 

dont know if it ever has been changed

i dont think it has

what does flushing entail?

i was going to change the oil, run it for a month then change it again

Thing is 

is it acase of just undoing bolt,draining and fill it up from dip stick hole?

When you drain and refill you're only replacing about 40 % of the fluid. Flushing means pumping in new fluid while sucking out old fluid until all of the old fluid has been drained. And yes, you drain out of the drain plug and fill through the dipstick hole. You might want to remove the pan and replace the filter as well.

When draining, check for metal shavings and debris on the drain plug and in the fluid. Check for shavings and debris when removing the pan and filter as well. Thing is, if your clutches are too worn out you might end up with gears not engaging after a flush.

Right

so if i ipen drain plug and let oil out and then fill with drain plug open until fluid looks clear is that same thing?

or is it a physical pump i need?

do you have any oart numbers for tgat filter?

thanks

As far as I know you need a pump for flushing. I would be hesitant to flush a gearbox with such a high mileage without any previous flushes. Common recommendation is to drain the fluid, replacing the filter and refilling with new fluid (approximately 3.5 litres). Make sure you don't overfill the transmission though.

I can see if I can find the correct part number for you. Which engine is it? 1AZ or 2AZ?

Seems like both the 1AZ and the 2AZ has the same transmission (U241E). Part number for the filter should be 35330-06010.

Btw, how much experience do you have with car tinkering? Also, check out this video. Apparently, there is one part which could drop out when you remove the pan. His car is a LHD Camry but I think it should be the same in your car (when he says passenger side it would be driver side in RHD)

10 hours ago, xzirri said:

As far as I know you need a pump for flushing. I would be hesitant to flush a gearbox with such a high mileage without any previous flushes. Common recommendation is to drain the fluid, replacing the filter and refilling with new fluid (approximately 3.5 litres). Make sure you don't overfill the transmission though.

I can see if I can find the correct part number for you. Which engine is it? 1AZ or 2AZ?

Good man

VIN NUMBER:

JTEGH22B905011286

Engine: 1AZ-FE (1AZ-1054806)

Model code: ACM20

As stated earlier, part number for the filter is 35330-06010. Good luck on your ATF change!

12 hours ago, xzirri said:

Btw, how much experience do you have with car tinkering? Also, check out this video. Apparently, there is one part which could drop out when you remove the pan. His car is a LHD Camry but I think it should be the same in your car (when he says passenger side it would be driver side in RHD)

Well i love getting stuck in but always make sure im armed with the right info and tools so thanks for that

13 hours ago, xzirri said:

Seems like both the 1AZ and the 2AZ has the same transmission (U241E). Part number for the filter should be 35330-06010.

Great thakjs for that

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links