Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gap between windscreen and roof

Tomos88

Hi

My Aygo is a 2011 car.  A few weeks ago i noticed i had 3 small individual spots of rust developing at the edge of the roof before it drops and meets the windscreen.

After discussing with both the local Toyota garage, and an independent body shop, both came to the same conclusion that the rust is from a chip.

Anyway i am getting the rust removed, however has anyone got any suggestions or recommendations how the gap between the windscreen and roof could be filled?  At the moment where the windscreen ends and the roof begins there is a clean gap and its clear to see any debris going up the windscreen would go straight into the end of the roof, as opposed to if it was filled it may continue.  A friend suggested some sort of rubber seal (similar to that going down the length of the roof either side) or some sort of rubber window seal.

Just looking at possibilities how to ensure this doesn't occur again - seems just like a small bad design fault in the Aygo itself.  I have seen a few forum topics dating back to 2008/09 asking a similar question however no resolutions were really offered then.

I have attached photos just to assist in the question, any sort or ideas or suggestions  i would be interested in hearing.

Thanks

IMAG0753.jpg

IMAG0751.jpg

have you thought of having a clear vinyl wrap applied to the roof this would give you extra protection against stone chips

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links