Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Instrument Lights

brimar

:o I have a new Yaris 1.3 T3 Spirit automatic. When the headlights are put on, the digital instument readout goes dim. Whilst I can understand this from a glare point of view, it is no use when the lights have to be put on in bad weather for example and I can only just about see the speedo. There is no meantion of this dimming in the handbook. Is there a way of controlling the brightness of the digital readout?

Cheers me dears

Brian :arrgg-matey:

Yup! Just press the button in front of the display that toggles mph/kph. It also changes the display (bright/dim).

Just make sure you practise when stopped. Don't want you travelling around with a km per hour readout (unless that's what you want!).

Personally, I prefer the brighter display to be on even at night in town. That dimmer display is better on unlit country roads though.

I had the same problem until a month or so ago...I thought it was me going mad when the display was going dim..I have the bright display on whenever I put the lights on now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links