Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Time In A.....

starletsr

Wow just got in from a very nice wedding today, saw a old college mate of mine that totally surprised me rolling in with an import Scooby WRX, he even took me for a spin in it :drool: it sounded well nice. He had a bit of a race with a Civic Type R on the way back from the wedding. He is only 22 and his insurance cost £1600 geez, i wish i had the money. :( :lol:

Plus to all you yaris owners!! I eventually got to sat in one today, not bad, plenty of torque.

Erm.... the driver said he beat a Mrk1 MR2 in his yaris? :blink: that is poss yeah??

Plus he blew away a GTI golf off shape ones (P) reg.... that poss?

If it is all poss then way to go on the little standard ts yarry :thumbsup:

Had a good day out and enjoyed the wedding, it was like starting a little cruise outside the register office cos of all the fast cars outside :lol:

Thought i'll share my moments with u guys :P

well... you would say that :P

as for the MK1 MR2, they are only 1.6, but light.. i imagine a Yaris Tsport would be behind on power to weight ratio..

I suppose it could be another jimlad vs ferrari situation, where the MR2 wasnt actually racing the Yaris?

I suppose it could be another jimlad vs ferrari situation, where the MR2 wasnt actually racing the Yaris?

:lol:

Glad you had a good time lass... and i dont think the Yaris could have beaten a Mk1 MR2... :thumbsup:

nah the mk1 would trounce the yaris!

the yaris is light yes but the mr2 aint far off and is far better at putting the power down

yaris wouldnt be far off but it would be looking at the back of the MR thats for sure

(trust me this is tried and tested :rolleyes: )

i can do a mk4 1.8T gti in the tsport. but that aint hard as the new golf are slow. i blew off a right fat ***** this morning thinking he was good in his skoda fabia vrs.

i can do a mk4 1.8T gti in the tsport. but that aint hard as the new golf are slow. i blew off a right fat ***** this morning thinking he was good in his skoda fabia vrs.

YADA YADA YADA

Yeah Yeah Yeah...

go back to reading max power... no one here is impressed... cos we know, they werent racing you :P ;) :lol:

:lol::lol:

hmmm

sorry but any turbo VAG powered motor will destroy the yaris!

including the diseasal! :blink:

Model: yaris T sport, 225 TT, 150bhp a4 quattro

and looking at your vehicles you should be well aware of that <_<

anyway, back to the scooby.. was it a new shape one?

It's an imported scooby new shape one. Is the UK spec one quicker or the import ones? :blink: Cos his one only has 250bhp, but geez that scooby did turn a lot of heads in town... :lol: Plus i think it looks mad running on 19" rims :lol:

As for the Yaris, ok i think i'll believe u guys, but that yaris driver took me and my uncle out in my uncles 1.6 Civic Vti and man does he drive crazy! He uses his left foot to brake, he stayed within when the Vtec is and over took like too many cars on a country lane, i think i could have died in shock nearly :lol: Never seen anyone drive like that.... this GTI new shape golf tried it on with the civic but it got blow away after over taking it.

So mad day for me last night :wacko:

Volkswagen Golf (97-) Hatchback 1.8T GTI (150) 3dr

(bhp/rpm)

148/5700

0-60mph (sec)

Max speed (mph)

about 0.5 secs quicker than the TS. and its all down to the driver, we did 8 runs and got an average of 8.721 seconds 0-60 in the yts.

Skoda Fabia (00-) Hatchback 1.9 TDi (130) vRS 5dr

Max power (bhp/rpm)

130/0

Max torque (lb ft/rpm) 229/1900

0-60mph (sec)

Max speed (mph)

and i do know vag turbo's are quick, but not the golfs. they dont deserve the gti Badge. my audi a4 is 150bhp diesil and its no where near as quick as the yts. the only quick diesil is the 150bhp tdi golf and thats a knats whisker slower than the 1.8T gti.

hmmmm ok

got my facts a little wrong somewhere

i thought the golf was nearer 180bhp??

ill be off then :P

I was under the impression that the golf GT TDI was faster than the petrol version??

Ahwell when your wrong your wrong :D

I was under the impression that the golf GT TDI was faster than the petrol version??

Ahwell when your wrong your wrong :D

Proven on TopGear... over 1/4mile i think ;)

hmmmm ok

got my facts a little wrong somewhere

i thought the golf was nearer 180bhp??

ill be off then :P

even so...

who cares, its not big and its not clever and they still wernt racing you :P

Everyone in VW circles knows that VAG underestimate the power output, especially on the diesels

i know a few people who have had the 130bhp TDI in the Fab VRS and Ibiza Sport running 150bhp as standard!

The mk4 golf is lardy but it not as slow as you think on paper. MY YTS got trounced by one and dont even consider racing an IBIZA 20VT as they would make any YTS look silly

Also dont think your going to get an easy picking with a lupo or arosa TDI. With 75bhp you would think its lame but the torque easily gives them plenty of pull on the motorway especially if its been chipped to 108, exactly the same as a YTS!

dont underestimate the yaris thats wot evry1 seems to do but then that has its plus sides, wink wink

hehe :D :D :D

Okay, since you both have a 1 litre Yaris..

I will make sure that i am aware you can do 0-62 in 13.6 seconds.

and can reach 96mph, all with your 48bhp and 66lb/ft of torque..

but hey, you can do 50mpg :thumbsup:

I promise never to underestimate you again <_<

*figures courtesy of Toyota, for 1.0 Yaris Manual gearbox

Right.... firstly

Racing : its stupid, its how accidents happen when people outthink their own car's limits and are stupid about it, no you cant ever be a 'wise racer' its an oxymoron. Picking the races you can win makes you no better than the people, whose cars are faster, that challenge you to a race.

However, regardless of this fact I must also say that just because some people have 'little' cars (eg. the Yaris 1.0, 1.3 or whatever) it doesnt mean they are any less proud of what they drive, and so someone coming along and implying (Yes.. it was implied.. the sarcasm was visible without the tags...)how 'pathetic' their car is, is hurtful and unneccessary.

However, regardless of this fact I must also say that just because some people have 'little' cars (eg. the Yaris 1.0, 1.3 or whatever) it doesnt mean they are any less proud of what they drive, and so someone coming along and implying (Yes.. it was implied.. the sarcasm was visible without the tags...)how 'pathetic' their car is, is hurtful and unneccessary.

We cant all afford big engined sports cars you know!!

I'd be as proud in a 1.0 Yaris as I would in a supra TT, as its a car and it would be mine :thumbsup:

i didnt imply anything... and i certainley didnt call the Yaris pathetic.

i was simply stating facts in response to a statement made about underestimating the yaris..

i have nothing against the car, and i know for a fact the YTS is faster to 60 than my car..

BUT, I am getting fed up with all these 'i raced a xxxx and won' threads... this is a Toyota Owners Club, not a Max Power Race Stories Club.. and that does bring out my blunt side..

get your hand bags out lads :P and yes radtoy, its my mate at works car ive driven it and he's driven the yts and he says theres nothing in it. also one of the other guys has a 2001 ibiza cupra and that absolutely blitz's both of us. (thats the 20v T)

jayde? whats wrong with the 1.0 yaris? + as for racing, racing is fun + it was a track day.

+fidgits, the is200's rule. hey if there good enough for allan partridge.....

jayde? whats wrong with the 1.0 yaris? + as for racing, racing is fun + it was a track day.

-e+an mate 'Jaydan' ;)

and nothing wrong with them... I love the Yaris in all its forms, my issues are with those who street race... as opposed to track days.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links