Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keeping H/u And Adding Amp

JPKelly214

Hi guys,

has any body kept the original head unit but added an after market amp to drive front Speakers? I'll probably added seperate tweeters and mid. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

John

Hiya m8

Dont know of anyone on here running an amp from the oem h/u

You'll need an amp with speaker level input's as im sure the oem cd h/u has no rca out

As for Speakers do a search on here theres loads of info on the forums

BTW Welcome to toc

Yup yup.... *JJ arrives (thanks Ryan ;) )

I am indeed running an amp with my original HU... an Alpine V12 to be precise...

What kinda thing do you wanna know?.... here is basics... my MSN is in my profile if you want any more detail:

I got a wiring loom from Toyota (£15ish) and plugged it in back of HU (cause its got weirdy wiring) and from that I ran out to a little black box which steps the speaker level output down to line level (got it from Maplins) .... from there the cables run to the rear of the car where they go into the Amp at line level... and then out to the Speakers on the parcel shelf as normal... (well mine run through Nutrix connectors for a bit of fun)

Hope this helps... if not.. you know where to find me ;)

Thanks everybody. I will take you up on your offer of more info Yaz but not until after Christmas. I'm in the USA right now. Isn't technology wonderful?

Cheers!

John.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links