Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excessive Condensation Inside The Car...

TheNissanMan

Hmm.... Confused...

I've just used my mothers RAV to take the cat's to the vets, I know it was a cold morning and Ice all over the outside of the car but the amount of condensation on the inside was incredible.

The car is only about 2 years old with just under 4k on the clock but the front windscreen and the sunroof were literally dripping, any ideas what could cause it in a RAV, I would have expected more condensation in my little Eunos with soft top than in a new'ish 4x4....

Anyone any idea's ???

Hi

Its amazing how damp cars can get this time of year if you just use them for short journeys and it only really shows up when it gets very cold. If this sounds like the cause, I suggest you take the car for a good long run with the heater on full and let it dry it out.

Stop half way and dry the windows to get as much moisture out of the car as you can.

One other thing that can cause this problem is a broken flap/motor control that stops fresh air entering the car. Effectively causing the system to be in constant recirculate mode with no way for moisture to escape. You can usually check this by turning the fan on full speed and seeing if the fan noise changes when you change from recirculate mode to fresh air mode.

Hope this helps

Ian

Hi

Its amazing how damp cars can get this time of year if you just use them for short journeys and it only really shows up when it gets very cold.  If this sounds like the cause, I suggest you take the car for a good long run with the heater on full and let it dry it out.

Stop half way and dry the windows to get as much moisture out of the car as you can.

One other thing that can cause this problem is a broken flap/motor control that stops fresh air entering the car.  Effectively causing the system to be in constant recirculate mode with no way for moisture to escape. You can usually check this by turning the fan on full speed and seeing if the fan noise changes when you change from recirculate mode to fresh air mode. 

Hope this helps

Ian

mothers car, 2 years old only 4k on the clock, short journeys defo on the list...

Ta :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links