Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's Your Opinions On This?

RossP

apexitimer_2.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS PROVIDED COURTESY OF http://www.apexi-usa.com;

The Apex Auto Timer allows the vehicle to idle for a preset amount of time after the ignition key has been removed. In turbocharged vehicles this prevents hot oil in the engine from coking up in the lines. Hard driving can raise engine oil temperatures to dangerously high levels. Proper cool down is essential for a healthy turbo and engine. In normally aspirated cars, the Auto Timer can also be used to warm/cool the inside of the car without having to sit inside. The Auto Timer stands as a technological marvel. The pen shaped, compact size makes the Auto Timer one of the smallest turbo timers on the market. This allows a clean and stylish installation virtually anywhere inside the car. The unique multi angle joystick button allows easy navigation through the many feature menus. Upgraded in every way from the previous model, the new Auto Timer can automatically determine the necessary amount of after idling time. A Manual Mode allows the user to preset desired idling times from 0 sec.~10 minutes in 16 increments. By inputting O2 sensor voltage, the Timer can also display theoretical air fuel ratio. Since the Auto Timer uses the factory O2 sensor which is primarily designed for emissions, the readings may not be as accurate when the O2 sensor is cold. A'PEX recommends that the O2 sensor readings be compared to a high grade "tuning" O2 sensor for comparison. The Timer can also display critical data such as O2 sensor voltage and Battery Voltage. To prevent potential theft while running, the handbrake safety feature shuts off the vehicle when the handbrake is released without the ignition key.

Thinking about getting one...but think it's a waste of money. Kinda just want it for show to be honest!

Waste of money imo mate, its just a turbo timer i reckon disguised a bit for people with N/A's! :thumbsup:

Thought it could be useful for the summers over here, as my remote start can be a bit unpredictable at times. Anyone else?

I usually let my Yaris tick over for a short while before turning the ignition off after a spell of hard driving.

i warm mine up but best to drive gentle and not let it tick over with new cars, but when im done jus turn off an **** off,

I have a little warning sticker in mine about leaving the car to idle and cool for a wee bit before turning off to let the turbo cool more slowly.

Guess it might stress fracture if it cools too quickly... :unsure:

Anyhow - I try to follow the advice if I've been hammering it.

A

I usually let my Yaris tick over for a short while before turning the ignition off after a spell of hard driving.

why?

engines are built for running and turning off........ as is the oil. switch it off **** off. does em no harms

i warm mine up but best to drive gentle and not let it tick over with new cars, but when im done jus turn off an **** off,

Do you have turbos?? :blink:

Turn ya motor off without letting it idle for 30 seconds results in a poorly Turbo..

simply put you turn ya motor off...your turbo's still spinning...the oil pressure has gone...so your turbine is spinning with little or no oil flow...and as it so hot it cooks.

You'll find the Turbine spins nearly all the time even when you can't hear it "whistling" which actually means it's not balanced correctly.

Vipes

Hhmmm i'm still undecided over it, as i'm not sure whether it'll be able to work in conjunction with my remote start or seperately. Either way it'll be good to cool the car down in the hot months!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links