Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hot Avensis Estate

andy_555

here's one for you estate owners out there..... anyone know what the saloon version of this is called if the estate is called a caldina???

rapid estate

rapid estate 2

i believe they are 2 litre turbo (celica unit) and 4 wheels drive.

here's one for you estate owners out there..... anyone know what the saloon version of this is called if the estate is called a caldina???

rapid estate

rapid estate 2

The MkI Caldina was based on the old Carina E/Corona estate.

The MkII Caldina was based on the MkI Avensis estate.

I think these were only sold in Japan, Australia, New Zealand and possibly South Africa. I don't think they ever made a saloon version though. The 2.0 Turbo unit was probably the same unit from the Celica which was similar to that in the Carina E GTi sold here in the mid 90s.

rapid estate

rapid estate 2

Hey nice photo's. They are almost identical to my car. I emigrated to New Zealand (from the UK) in Nov last year and ended up buying the Caldina GT-T. Most of them seem to be white but they look a lot better in black. They have cool toys such as a little display on the dashboard that draws a graph of fuel consumption for the last two hours in one minute increments. It can also be switched to show speed over the last two hours and a compass. A far as I know they didn't produce a saloon as there is no mention of one in the owners manual.

The engine is the 3S-GTE and I believe that the car were not sold new in NZ just brought over as Jap imports.

It keeps my Jaguar XJR company that I brought over from the UK. I used to have an Avensis 2.0L T4 Spirit in the UK but was a bit fed up with the performance compared to the Jag so the Caldina fits the bill nicely as the engine kicks out around 260bhp. Before the T4 I had a 2.0L CDX and the Caldina certainly has a passing resemblance to it but the interior is very different.

• 2 years later...

Hi There

Can you tell me if your Caldina GT-T had an english graph unit in it or was it in japanese?

thanks

Ryrager

you can import one over here, infact there are a couple already over here.

FWIW there are quite a few differences between the ST205 Celica 3sgte & the ST215 Caldina 3sgte. IMO they aren't as of yet as easy & capable to modify as the earlier generations.

Still nice wagon's, better than the whales that Mitsi put out ;)

The ST246 (I think) GT-4 Caldina is pretty different as well:

6857_00.jpg

image200562812425.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

• 1 month later...

you have mentioned my dream man , i love the power plant of the caldina and hoped they had a version of the saloon with the same 2 litre turbo engine but found it impossible to find a saloon version stock with that set up ,, i myself am plannin to put that engine in my car as you can get one from japan for about 1500 euro which isnt that bad only thing is theres a lot of work involved 2 litre turbo caldina in manual transmission only comes in four wheel drive so u do have to monkey around with the car for a while uprate brakes .. change the ecu and loom only easy part is that it fits directly into the engine bay of astandard avensis :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links