Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Your Yaris!

Demonic Angel

What Yaris do you own?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What Yaris do you own?

• S
    • GS
    • GLS
    • CDX
    • SR
    • T2
    • T3
    • Blue
    • Colour Collection
    • T-Spirit
    • T-Sport

I've a T-sport too ... and its Thunder Gray too. Seems they are nearly as common as a silver F :censor: rd Focus.

I'm not a frequent poster, but a regular lurker :ph34r:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CAMSHAFT

• Demonic Angel

• Al J

• scionic

I've a T-sport too ... and its Thunder Gray too. Seems they are nearly as common as a silver F :censor: rd Focus.

I'm not a frequent poster, but a regular lurker  :ph34r:

No don't say that! That's not true round here at all - Ford Focus' are every second car round here..no way could the Thunder Grey TS compete with it in anyway, the TS is much better ;)

Reading CAMSHAFTS post before, my Vitz doesn't match up to any of the P1 Yarii...I forgot I also had colour coded bumpers and wing mirrors as standard as well...There's something else I know I've forgotten to mention. AH well! I'm the one that stands out from the crowd! Just goes to show how specs vary from country to country

Gotta love the americans,

"Yeah, dude, like, totally, lets change the name for no reason, awesome"

"Excuse me awefully sir, but what on earth is wrong with the name: Yaris?"

"yeah, like whatever!"

.................can't beat stereotyping.

*looks around sheepishly for americans and incomming pointy objects*

LOL :lol:

We didn't name it Echo. Toyota did. They call it Echo in Australia as well.

Who knows why they didn't think Yaris would sell. Echo didn't either though. Toyota only sold about 4000 Echo's last year in the U.S. It's by far Toyota's least popular model here, they sell more Scion xA's (Toyota Ist, in Japan) in a month than they did Echo's in a whole year. I think part of it is that the Yaris/Vitz just looks odd with a boot, the other part is that "cute" doesn't sell well here. A car can be only so cute before it loses its appeal in America. Usually it's got to have a least a little "attitude" and the Echo had none. That, and Americans like cars that come with alot of standard options. The Echo's came mostly stripped and the options were hard to find and overpriced. A well equipped Echo could cost as much as $14k and most Americans would rather have a Honda Civic at that price, which is arguably a better car in some ways.

Perhaps if they had sold a hatch Yaris with more standard features it would have done better. The Scion xA (Ist) is quite similar to an Echo 4 door hatch, it's just got a bit more soundproofing, lots of standard features and a bit more of a quality feel to the plastics and interior trim and fabrics. That was enough to get it some sales. Then again, it is still tiny inside and my car, the xB outsells it here by more than a 3 to 1 ratio.

We didn't name it Echo. Toyota did. They call it Echo in Australia as well.

Who knows why they didn't think Yaris would sell. Echo didn't either though. Toyota only sold about 4000 Echo's last year in the U.S. It's by far Toyota's least popular model here, they sell more Scion xA's (Toyota Ist, in Japan) in a month than they did Echo's in a whole year. I think part of it is that the Yaris/Vitz just looks odd with a boot, the other part is that "cute" doesn't sell well here. A car can be only so cute before it loses its appeal in America. Usually it's got to have a least a little "attitude" and the Echo had none. That, and Americans like cars that come with alot of standard options. The Echo's came mostly stripped and the options were hard to find and overpriced. A well equipped Echo could cost as much as $14k and most Americans would rather have a Honda Civic at that price, which is arguably a better car in some ways.

Perhaps if they had sold a hatch Yaris with more standard features it would have done better. The Scion xA (Ist) is quite similar to an Echo 4 door hatch, it's just got a bit more soundproofing, lots of standard features and a bit more of a quality feel to the plastics and interior trim and fabrics. That was enough to get it some sales. Then again, it is still tiny inside and my car, the xB outsells it here by more than a 3 to 1 ratio.

A lot of good points. The booted Echo always looked odd to me. I've seen one over here and it's almost a different car to the hatch which, as you say, never got to the US though the Canadians have it.

I was also quite surprised how 'basic' the US Echo (and to some extent the Canadian Echo hatch) were compared to their European cousins. Wind up windows and no power steering being examples. The fuel, etc. trip computer is also missing and the general standard of equipment seems lower. Then again, they are cheaper!

One thing though, they've all got the 1.5 litre engine which is only available in the T Sport over here. The Aussies get the 1.3 as well as the T Sport-like 1.5 Sportivo.

The reason the Echo doesn't sell in America is because it doesn't have a huge fuel-guggling, 4.5l V8 under the 'hood'. It's too economical... if it ain't killing the planet, the yanks ain't gonna buy it!

Sorry... stereotyping again!!! :D

Oh, iv got an SR, for those that don't know!

The 5 GS owners i know of have voted....

P1 yaris you have E, Terra, Luna, Sol, TS

E, no electric windows, no power steering, tape deck, driver airbag, black grill

Extra on terra over E, electric windows, power steering, dual airbags, tape, black grill

From this.. i would assume the Terra is the equivalent of the GS.. so get voting GS ppl.

lads if ye are happy to say i`ve have a GS, ye know ye own spec better than i do so GS???? :huh:

electric windows, power steering, dual airbags, tape, black grill.

I've got a GS and theese are standard on it.. didn't have colour coded bumpers though.

Extra on terra over E, electric windows, power steering, dual airbags, CD,

Extra on Luna over terra, "chrome" on dash, gearshift and door handles, Remote Locking,

As mine doesn't have any of theese, i assumed that a terra is = to a GS?

electric windows, power steering, dual airbags, tape, black grill.

I've got a GS  and theese are standard on it.. didn't have colour coded bumpers though.

Extra on terra over E, electric windows, power steering, dual airbags, CD,

Extra on Luna over terra, "chrome" on dash, gearshift and door handles, Remote Locking,

As mine doesn't have any of theese, i assumed that a terra is = to a GS?

mine is a P1 so it DID have balck bumpers so it has to be a GS :thumbsup: SORTED

A lot of good points. The booted Echo always looked odd to me. I've seen one over here and it's almost a different car to the hatch which, as you say, never got to the US though the Canadians have it.

I was also quite surprised how 'basic' the US Echo (and to some extent the Canadian Echo hatch) were compared to their European cousins. Wind up windows and no power steering being examples. The fuel, etc. trip computer is also missing and the general standard of equipment seems lower. Then again, they are cheaper!

One thing though, they've all got the 1.5 litre engine which is only available in the T Sport over here. The Aussies get the 1.3 as well as the T Sport-like 1.5 Sportivo.

U.S. Echo didn't even get a tachometer! Not even as an option.

That to me, is unacceptable. Especially in a car with a manual transmission, which is all I'll buy.

We did get the 1.5 liter standard though and that is STILL the smallest engine you can get in any car sold in the states. Americans would not tolerate a 1.0 or 1.3 in that car. Last car sold with a 1.0 here was the Suzuki Swift and that disappeared years ago. We've got big hills/mountains in a lot of areas and we like to drive fast. A 1.0 won't cut it on an Arizona highway when it's 110F and you're climbing hills at 80 mph just to keep pace with traffic! My 1.5 does a decent job of it, but I still get passed by giant pickups with 97 liter engines towing trailers. :lol:

The reason the Echo doesn't sell in America is because it doesn't have a huge fuel-guggling, 4.5l V8 under the 'hood'. It's too economical... if it ain't killing the planet, the yanks ain't gonna buy it!

Sorry... stereotyping again!!!  :D

Sad thing is you're right. :(

4.5 is smallish for a V8 though. Even the Toyota fullsize truck has a 4.7 liter V8 and Nissan has a 5.6!

Dipsh1ts with small genitalia here usually opt for the 8.0 liter V10 Dodge Ram though, for maximum planet killing potential :thumbsup:

So it's true then,,, i really was just stereotyping... but a lot of people actually do buy the massive engines?? What's the point... they still ain't that fast... an 8.0 litre £70k Viper is slower than a 3.6 £40k TVR.... where's the sense?!?!

Just been reading up... apparantly America's biggest selling car last year was a Ford F-150 Lightening truck... they sold more in one month of that model than a whole years worth of Ford Focus' over here! And that's our biggest seller!!!!

I saw one of these F-150's over here not long ago... it's almost as wide as a bus... the lights are about the same height as my head when sat in my Yaris... crazy sized thing!

Yeah, but who's going to argue with you in one of those? :fear:

I'd argue! I did with a bloke in his discovery who was totally in the wrong and tried forcing me and two others to reverse down a street he'd blocked when nobody was behind him.... i didn't move... just sat there until he did!

Yaz..... my little 1999 1.3l CDX .....

one of the oldest (if not the oldest) current Yarii on TOC....

but feel free to challenge that ;)

Welcome pop pickers for this weeks Top 11 countdown!

At number 11 - its GLS

Number 10 we have T2

Joint Number 9 its the Colour Collection, CDX and S

A non mover at 6 its the T-Spirit

Joint number 5 is the Blue and T3

Storming in at number 3 its SR

Just missing out on the top spot at number 2 its GS

And for the billionth week running - your number ONE Yaris is....... T-SPORT!

Nice work Demonic Angel,

The poll was great.

so many cars, 80 odd on this forum.

I feel glad that i'm part of it :D

Welcome pop pickers for this weeks Top 11 countdown!

At number 11 - its GLS

Number 10 we have T2

Joint Number 9 its the Colour Collection, CDX and S

A non mover at 6 its the T-Spirit

Joint number 5 is the Blue and T3

Storming in at number 3 its SR

Just missing out on the top spot at number 2 its GS

And for the billionth week running - your number ONE Yaris is....... T-SPORT!

Can you please refrain from calling my car a number 2, ok, they might not be to your taste but I happen to think they're great :P :thumbsup:

T-SPORT here on the isle of wight only about five on the whole island ,which is nice :eek:

Fropm this poll, we can clearly see that more people own P1 Yarii than P2 Yarii, but then then P2 has only been out for 2 years and the P1 was out for 4, plus P1's are cheaper to buy aswell as being more plentiful.

Thanks to everyone who took part in the poll - it was good reading! :lol:

Mine's a 2000 Vitz 1.0L , 5Door with Full Extras(A/C, Power Steering, Electric Windows, ABS & 2 Airbags)

What does that fall under? :blink:

GLS or whaa? :huh:

Mine's a 2000 Vitz 1.0L , 5Door with Full Extras(A/C, Power Steering, Electric Windows, ABS & 2 Airbags)

What does that fall under?  :blink:

GLS or whaa?  :huh:

a 2000 1.0L vitz with ABS?? strange

What does that fall under?  :blink:

GLS or whaa?  :huh:

a 2000 1.0L vitz with ABS?? strange

Japanese Import :yes: almost all of them come with all that

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links