Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris D4d Trip And Fuel Computer

mark2jag

Right then people, I hope you're all sitting comfortably, then ill begin.... I have today just bought a yaris d4d , and all is fine and dandy except there dont seem to be any options on the trip computer to record or look at what its doing to the gallon, tank range, average fuel consumption, etc etc etc. The only option i do get when i press trip/navi is a display that shows me my average speed in either miles or KPH.

This bit gets interesting........

Toyota GB say that according to their information on my car, the car is equipped with a fuel computer that does all of the above. This is definitely not the case.

I have now phoned Toyota GB on their technical helpline which was an 09 number at around a pound fifty a minute.

They say that my car trip computer will not display an of the above info as the E.M.S is a different manafacturer to the display provider????????.

If anyone out there has a definitive answer would they let me know as soon as possible.

P.S. The car is less than 1 month out of warranty and toyota GB dont give a sh*t and absolutely will not entertain any thoughts of investigating or looking at it unless i give them some money for so doing................

P.P.S. i Have just found an advert in Autotrader for a yaris with the same year as mine(02 march) same spec and same mileage, and am assured by the vendor that it does have a working trip/fuel/average tank range computer, and it definitely works, so who is quite clearly lying or not entirely telling the truth

thank you all for reading this inane ramble but im a tad confused....

Hi and welcome!

I dont know the full answer to your question, however I do know that the fuel guage on the trip computer is only on the Phase 2 model Yaris (03-present) and fron what you say your car is older than 03 plate, so you definitely will not have the fuel guage.....

As for the rest - well I'm not too sure but I'm sure someone will be along with the answer shortly!

Did you buy from Toyota directly? Which dealer was it?

defo not on the diesel due to software issues and different injector makes

Speaks the Toyota Dealer worker dude!

I read this somewhere before that the trip functions won't operate on the d4d due to the software and complexities of the engine.

Best ask AlanBradley though... he's got the d4d!

Thank you one and definitely all for your extremely speedy response, but in true ME (i.e nit picky!!!!)style.let me pose you another question.... Is it possible to get the functions working and if so, what would i have to have done to my car???? I suspect the answer is to change the e.m.s, and /or injectors, which im not gonna do, just to geta fuel computer working, however i would appreciate any info on any dodges, techical/wiring/electronic issues, if anyone could help at all.

Not really sure why im bothering as im told to expect 65 mpg and a tank range somewhere around 500 miles, any comments on these figures???

I'm incredibly impressed that within 1 hour of joining the forum, i had not one but at least 2 replies on the subject. So thanks all and keep up the good work

P.S. Anyone know if it will run on W.V.O. (sunflower oil or equivalent!!)

tnx

mark

Hi Mark,

You should stick around. There is a lot to be learnt on the forums, and everyone is extremely friendly. I've noticed a lot of posts recently regarding deisels so it looks like they are becoming more popular.

Hope you find some answers to getting the fuel computer working, but I would doubt that you could.

My stormin D-4D does not have any fuel computer options as does the equivalent petrol model ... but who cares?

I'm doing 65-70mpg whilst doing silly motorway speeds :)

I removed the air filter and replaced it with a Jetex, more bottom end and much much better breathing.

I'm going to try a tank of bio diesel soon ... when the tank eventually runs out!

Best way to get the functions.......? Buy a petrol! :lol: Nah, if you want to keep an eye on your consumption, run your car empty, then fill to the brim and use the 'Trip B' function on your mileage thingy to see how many miles you cover before you empty the tank! The Yaris tank is 9.9gal (45 litres) so you can work out your MPG from that, you'll get your range too! Magic! :hokus-pokus: :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links