Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Do People Say About Your Yaris

s0cks

Alot of people up in Edinburgh think the Grannies should be driving Yaris'!! U sed to get the ***** taken out of me for driving a "Granny Car" but now they can see why i bought it!!

The granny comments have stopped :thumbsup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knightrider

• BLiTZ

• Demonic Angel

• s0cks

I went to a nice, quite flash chinese restaurant the other day with the girlfriend, they all saw me pull up and then one of the waiters came over and complemented me on the motor and asked about the white enkeis and was interesting in getting some for his T sport :)

loving the compliments and the attention in a public place cos of the car i drive :D

At first people told us it was a hairdressers car :( but after a while they stopped and they quite like it now! :thumbsup:

Everyone i know seems to like my car, don't know why :P

The most common question i get asked is is it fast?/what size engine is in it?

A lot of people call it a pocket rocket.. which i quite like :lol:

Everyone i know seems to like my car, don't know why  :P

Thats because its black! :P

A lot of people call it a pocket rocket.. which i quite like  :lol:

Your not the only one! :thumbsup:

When you gonna clean your car its filthy. :D

Black does show the dirt up rather nicely.

Your right about the T sport being quick little car.

Incidently the Yaris came 5th in the reliability and 1st in running cost in auto express mag.

Obviously did not use a t sport for that as they drink gas.

My Parents love mine, especially my Mum - she says that the Blue is now "her car" even tho she doesn't drive!!! :D Something about the colour... :wacko:

In general tho, especially at work I often get "you've got a lawnmower car" (wtf is one of those?) and "You have a Yaris? No-one has one of those"..which annoys me, but you can get them back good and proper when at a traffic lights after work you floor it when the lights go green and leave them standing :D

Also when I'm out driving the amount of people which stare is crazy, there is one Yarii around here that I see regularly and it's a P1 Silver but as there aren't many of them she is very eye-catching.

When mine and Yves's cars are parked together all the time people walk past, stop and point at them! It happened last Sunday when we went to a Country Park, there we were walking back to them after going for a lil walk, and there were a group of 2-3 people who were walking past them, and they stopped right behind them and were pointing at them..it was funny to see :D

Went round to see my Grandad today to take him some Yaris & Aygo brochures and he asked if he could have a sit in my car.

He really really likes it!

He says he'll most probably buy one in September! :thumbsup:

SOLD! :lol::lol:

i got all that bull bout it being a grannies car... even the toyota radio add was used to ripp into my car "dont be embarressed in a yaris" :( ..... ontop of that they called my caldera red colour collection PINK.... so now i call it the pink panther, it annoys the hell outa them especially when they read it on the bottom of my numberplate as my humble 1.0 leaves their punto's for dust....

hell im wid the other guy, i like it and thats enough! :)

I get all the granny car rubbish too but all my mates that have been in my car like it, I doubt they would buy one though, they might change their mind if I get a T-Sport mind you! :thumbsup:

I get all the granny car rubbish too but all my mates that have been in my car like it, I doubt they would buy one though, they might change their mind if I get a T-Sport mind you! :thumbsup:

not 'IF' u mean 'WHEN' :P

:P

Nah, I mean "if", I'll need to see how the finances are going, I'm only a poor student mate! :(

most of my mates love my yaris, they always tell me how comfy the seats are. except all the beema drivers in my college, who keep tellin me to sell my yaris n get a 3 series beema like they got - apparently an old, ragged to over 100 k n made out 2 look like m3's with 1.6 engines under the hood has class. but a super mini that is fairly new, got enough grunt and still looks the part, shoud be sold as they say. Don't quite understand how that one works out.

but on the whole - they love it!

I've had a few Yaris's as courtesy cars .. people point and laugh at me ..

I can see their point, the Yaris is slow, you sit "on" it, not "in" it and they are not the most butch cars on the road.

But as a car for 2 days, I can handle 40mpg happily. Couldn't own one though. I actually refused to drive to see my other half one weekend, cause I didn't want her seeing me in a Yaris ..

I can see their point, the Yaris is slow, you sit "on" it, not "in" it and they are not the most butch cars on the road.

But as a car for 2 days, I can handle 40mpg happily. Couldn't own one though. I actually refused to drive to see my other half one weekend, cause I didn't want her seeing me in a Yaris ..

I've driven an Echo coupe, which is essentially the same thing with a trunk and I liked it. Liked it enough that I bough my car, which is really just an Echo Verso/Fun Cargo derivative. The Yaris is a great car. The whole sitting "on" versus "in" it thing is actually considered an advantage for many people. It makes ingress/egress effortless and improves visibility. Most people need something a bit more sensible than what you drive for a daily driver.

Bibbs, I find it hard to beleive people actually point and laugh at you in a Yaris. It's a pretty normal looking car and there are tons of them on the road. I think you're just trying poke fun at the Yaris drivers here.

As far as not wanting to be seen in a Yaris, well, it's not unusual for a younger guy to have his identity wrapped up in a sports car, but it's OK. You are still a man if you drive a Yaris. You are who you are, driving a less macho car won't subtract from that. :thumbsup:

You should be able to pick your girl up in a pink Vitz with these wheels on it:

daisy1.JPG

well I got hardly any bad points most people liked it...I got one young guy who called to the door delievering leaflets and when he saw the car he said is that your car ..I said yes and then he said that he some car..lol..the bin men even check it out every time I park out it outside on the road just in front of our house plus the neighbours keep telling me its so clean but theyre a little jealous lol..only negative thing was on the internet when someone said it was a lawnmower ..as if :rolleyes: ..but they were only slagging :D ..I sometmes get guys trying to race me but I dont even bother ..

Most people need something a bit more sensible than what you drive for a daily driver.

Bibbs, I find it hard to beleive people actually point and laugh at you in a Yaris. It's a pretty normal looking car and there are tons of them on the road. I think you're just trying poke fun at the Yaris drivers here.

I'm not claiming my car is anything special .. it aint. It's a 13 year old Jap car with out of date suspension. But it's not that bad practicality wise. I can for 2 people in comfort (and in a Yaris, anyone behind me will not be in comfort being 6'4") I can carry a months worth of shopping. Suits me traveling over 50 miles a day and I've not needed a bigger car in 5 years (been on a 2 week holiday in it with a mate, golf clubs and all).

And people at work do laugh at me .. because it's a shopping car, not what they expect me to be driving.

But when you pass your driving test there are not many cars available to you, and I think the Yas would be one of the better choices.

Exactly, you had a courtesy car which was probablly thrashed to bits anyway Bibbs, so no wonder it was slow! Would have loved to seen you in one though hehe. :P

I'm not pretending mine's fast (how could I when I hang around with TOC-RG?!?) but it suits my needs for the moment (although a project is in the pipeline) and is a reasonably nippy & nimble little car. I can honestly say that people have only commented on how nice it is, how it suits me and everyone is surprised at how big it is inside.

Everyone I know that has been in the car, love it, especially the digital display. :thumbsup:

yeah ben i have my seat all the way back in the yaris being 6 2, and they managae quite alrite unless they too are over 6ft, im sure its more spacious than most its competitors,

oh and i dont think your having a dig but a standard 1.0l yaris is NOT manly at all and you do look like a tart in one if your quite young

yeah ben i have my seat all the way back in the yaris being 6 2, and they managae quite alrite unless they too are over 6ft, im sure its more spacious than most its competitors,

oh and i dont think your having a dig but a standard 1.0l yaris is NOT manly at all and you do look like a tart in one if your quite young

I think I've only a few mates under the 6" mark .. but hey, it's better than the '2 where it's a walk home :D

Suppose I'm just not a supermini person. I hate the feeling of being up in the air, makes me feel exposed. Think it's due to the way my old hot hatch folded when I was driven into and the way the MR2 didn't do anything when that was nurfed.

Different strokes as they say. People just don't associate me with small cars I suppose.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links