Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2fast 2furious - Skyline Steam

Leeky

starletsy.......

i read what you have put with intrest.

but compressed gas when released travels at a very high speed, a lot faster than either you or i would notice especially when hittingbthe button.

however..it looks good :wacko:

is that about the NOS purging? i saw that on GTT site.

ive got another theory...

if you look on the intercooler. hes got a CO2 cooling kit... it could be CO2 discharge. from the fuel line cooler

Can anyone recommend a good place (prefferably near Reading) that can supply and fit Nitros Oxide?

Also any recommendation of what i should run on my st205 without changing internals?

i.e 50, 100 or 150 Nitros etc

Power Engineering who are down the M40 are very good with NOS. Quite expensive but apparently very good.

And thats why i've decided against it mate going to have a good look at your car when you get it done.........

No problem mate, hopefully should be done in time.

Tom

Can see what your saying matt from what i understand the purging thing has come from the drag boys where 10ths and 100ths of a second matter but like you say think it's more for looks on a street car.

Tom went to max live today (free press pass :P ) and was talking to Nemisis performance they sceem really switched on and can do me some nice custom stuff at the right price :thumbsup:

Simon

Sounds good mate. Just had an email from Sacha. The turbo arrived the other day. He is geting the manifold made up so should be here on time. The only problem was that the the turbo he's sending is a t25/28 hybrid. A bit laggier but much bigger hit of top end power and rated up to 240 horses!!! I'll be happy 190-210 to be honest. You been in daves since he got it set up?

Tom

Sorry. ;)

Where's the intercooler on the turbo MR2's? On top of the engine as on the GT4's?

I know your radiator bits sit in the arch (or atleast I think that's where mine were on the 1991 MR2 I had at home).

intercooler is mounted on the righthand side of the engine bay right behind the vent in the side of the 1/4

engine rad is at the front of the car which makes them a bitch to bleed when doing coolant changes etc

just remember that nos does not do engines any good. the power hit is instant. lets say you are driving at 3000 rpm and your engine is macking 55bhp if you then add 100bhp of nos then instantly at the same rpm you have 155bhp this violent hit of power will take its toll on pistons,crank,clutch, transmission etc

Yeh, thats why i had mine taken out when i bought the car. Also a bigger turbo doesnt need refilling!!!!! :D

Back on topic.. I thought it might have been something to cool the front discs.

in the film it could be any old horse**** but in real life its 99.9% nitros (well you never know eh ?) when people squirt water onto their INTERCOOLERS not RADIATORS LOL it does produce water vapour but a wishy washy cloud not a jet !, remember physics at school "You cant seem STEAM as its liquid in a gas state, its the small gap at the kettle spout that looks clear, below the white stuff you see thats water vapour, produced when the steam cools and droplets form.

anyway, back to the issue, its nitrous and its vented out of a valve as shown by startletsy, i had a similar set up in VW beetle and would jet the nitrous up just as i staged thats why you get a slim sharp line of it, where you vent it is entirely up to you.

most drag cars do this go to the pod and take a bit more notice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links