Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anyone Used....

Jamesb4uk

I know a lot of us are IT related....

Question is above really..

Has anyone used the Microsoft Exchange Server Archiving Agent??

I can't find out how it archives public folders..

J

Was hoping you were around mate :lol:

Yes - exchange 5.5.

I need to start archiving about 14gb's worth of public folders.

Unfortunatly i've tried to talk them into upgrading to 2003 which eliminates the 16gb limitation but they dont want to spend anymore money :rolleyes:

J

Unfortunatly i've tried to talk them into upgrading to 2003 which eliminates the 16gb limitation but they dont want to spend anymore money :rolleyes:

J

16gb is still on 2003 dude it's the enterprise version that does not have the limit and thats ££££££ :lol:

Do you just want to archive folders? or have you hit the limt already?

16gb is still on 2003 dude it's the enterprise version that does not have the limit and thats ££££££ :lol:

Do you just want to archive folders? or have you hit the limt already?

Damn, lol

we hit the limit a few weeks ago & i cleared enough off & warned them that they need to archive stuff off.

But they're still dumping stuff into the public folders. :rolleyes: at the current growth it'll hit the limit again in about 3 weeks. :crybaby:

J

Well I have asked around I got a lot of blank faces :lol::lol:

Whats you backup solution? if its just archive stuff backup to *.pst and then backup on tape mate.

Or do they need to still access it?

Are you going to upgrade in the future are you still on nt4 & 5.5? I cant remember if you are or not :lol:

PMSl - yeah i got that responce here n all

I've tried the PST route but the bloke who was ment to do it did SFA.....

Trouble is i can guarantee that as soon as i bung it on tape someone will was something off of it....

They're on 3 * win2000 with exchange 5.5 - trouble is i cant split the data to the other 2 as the others are on remote sites...

J

Cant help you with what your trying to do with 5.5 but like most of the "Free" unsuported tools you will struggle to find any useful ms documentation on it -you need someone who knows how to use it.

Service pack 2 for Exchange 2003 takes the maximum Priv.edb and Priv.stm sizes to 75Gb IIRC

Have you been having to do offline defragmentation of the database? I was doing that regularly here last year (at least once a month) -its a pain and costly upgrading to 2003 but long term think its the only sensible solution!! There is a regedit you can do that gives you an extra Gb till you reboot on exchange 2000 Std Database limit dont know if thats valid for 5.5 though.

are all the servers built into the same OU? Why not create site connectors between the sites and copy the data over night/weekend to them?

Service pack 2 for Exchange 2003 takes the maximum Priv.edb and Priv.stm sizes to 75Gb IIRC

Have you been having to do offline defragmentation of the database? I was doing that regularly here last year (at least once a month) -its a pain and costly upgrading to 2003 but long term think its the only sensible solution!! There is a regedit you can do that gives you an extra Gb till you reboot on exchange 2000 Std Database limit dont know if thats valid for 5.5 though.

That reg key I think is only for exchange 2000-2003 dude that extra gb comes in handy :lol:

SP2 for 2003 does loads of cool things now was not aware is raised the limt to that much 75gb :eek: I will check that out later see what I can find on it makes enterprise a bit pointless now!

are all the servers built into the same OU? Why not create site connectors between the sites and copy the data over night/weekend to them?

That reg key I think is only for exchange 2000-2003 dude that extra gb comes in handy :lol:

SP2 for 2003 does loads of cool things now was not aware is raised the limt to that much 75gb :eek:

Check out number 4

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sp2/topten.mspx

Yeah we ran a defrag & compact not too long ago..

Hmm - enterprise folder limits 8TB!!!! (dont think we need that much yet :lol:)

J

Is that limit increase on standard exchange 2003?

J

Yep after Service pack 2 -just after we had gone for the enterprise edition because of the Dbase size limit they released that!!

J

Yep after Service pack 2 -just after we had gone for the enterprise edition because of the Dbase size limit they released that!!

Damn - shame they didn't do that for 5.5 :crybaby:

J

J

Damn - shame they didn't do that for 5.5 :crybaby:

J

Its another way of pushing people to upgrade -theres got to be alot of people out there hitting the limit on 5.5 / 2000 and 2003 before the fix but they only adjust the limit on the "current" product. Bet you theres a hell of a lot more 5.5 /2000 boxes out there than there is 2003!

Could you archive pst's of to DVD? atleast it would be a quicker restore than tape!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links