Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: 2005 MR2 Roadster... 2006 CTS Compressor

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:13 PM

Today at work..........

9:00am - Opened the doors ready for the start of a busy day.
9:01am - 1st costomer comes in and we fit on a couple of tyres.
9:10am - 9:45am - More happy costomers than you could shake a stick at.
10:00am - A Renult Megane comes in for Wheel Allignment.
10:05am - the Renult is on the 4 Poster ramp anf the tracking guages are on... and the guy doing the job gets started.
10:15am - Problem.. one of the 13mm locknuts has stripped, we need to fit a new one
10:25am - After a search we find a suitable replacement and secure it.
10:30am - I am asked to jump up onto the ramp to turn the steering on the car to full lock, to check everything is ok
10:31am - I climb onto one of the tyre racks and hop over onto the top of the ramp.
10:32am - I stand up straight........ straight into the corner of a piece af Angle Iron (one of the garage roof supports)
10:32 and a half am - Blood starts to run down my head, all over my coveralls and onto the floor.
10:35am - With a clean rag or two pressed against my head, and a few of the costomers going (oooooooooh!!) I get a lift to A&E.
10:45am - Arrive at A&E and wait in the queue at the desk.. the receptionist loks at me and asks for my details.. the guy in front me say's "I WAS FIRST"... so he gives the receptionist his details and explains that he had had a filling done the other day, but his tooth needed filing down as it had a sharp edge that was cutting his tongue... i thought " :blink: " :eek: :eek:
10:50am - I finally give the receptionist my details, and am told to take a seat (remember.. blood is still pouring down my face)

11:05am - Sitting waiting patiently, with a soaking wet rag beginning top stick to my head, and my right hand sticking to the rag, my name finally gets called and i go to see the nurse.
11:15am - The nurse has cleand up my wound, and assessed the injury and tells me to take a seat to wait to see a Doctor (possible stitches and tetnus jab)
11:30am - waiting.....
12:00 - waiting....
12:30- waiting.... :(
1:00pm - waiting..... :(
1:30pm - waiting.... :( :angry:
2:00pm - waiting :angry: :( :angry:
2:15pm - I think to myself.. I'll give it another half hour them I'm out of here :yes:
2:45pm - I'm out of there... wasn't wasting another minute in there, people were coming and going, i was left sitting :angry:

Now i know people are treated on the severity of their injuries, but.. the guy i spoke about earlier (the one whose tooth was cutting his tongue) was taken before me :eek: and there were people with no visable injury coming in, getting seen, and leaving before me.

I don't blame the nursing staff, or the Doctors.. but sometimes our NHS sucks BIG time eh! it's enough to give you a headache.

Anyhoo... i went back to work and finnished my shift at 5:00pm.. drove home without passing out, so i must be ok.. unless i've got tetnus :help: ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Demonic Angel

Demonic Angel

TOC Trivia Queen

• TOC Supporter
  • 14,767 posts
  • Gender*:Female
  • Toyota Model: Aygo

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

Might be worth seeing if your GP can arrange a tetanus shot Davy..... just incase ;) Keep an eye on the wound as well, if it changes in any way (colour, size, whatever) then you must go back else it may be infected.

Thats awful though - I remember when my Mum fell down the stairs and sprained her ankle, we went to A&E and she had to wait for about 3 hours - in agonising pain and unable to walk unaided, but all the elderly and children get priority (or they did do back then) so she had to wait ages to even be seen by someone....

You can't blame the doctors or nurses, they do a great job, but there either obviously arent enough of them or its down to the cr*p practices of the NHS.... :rolleyes:

#3 Ryan1985

Ryan1985

Top Rank Poster!

• Advanced Members
  • 7,820 posts
  • Toyota Model: Yaris T-Sport

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:33 PM

Sounds nasty and the NHS are an absolute joke!

I broke my pinky finger once and waited almost the whole day! :(

#4 GIDDLEPIN

GIDDLEPIN

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 8,926 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

Pah!

You girlies up there got none of our Northern stamina :P

Four hours???? That's a tea break compared to the waiting times at Hull Royal Infirmary (ask Anne she has waited with me on more than one occasion ;).

I remember waiting five hours with torn ankle ligaments before anybody saw me (couldn't walk never mind walk out of there :( ))

Sadly it is the state of our wonderful health sevice :angry:

Glad your ok Davey :thumbsup:

#5 selfbuild

selfbuild

Guru Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Toyota Model: Avensis 2.0 D4-D '06 T3-x

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:43 PM

That reminds me of a bloke at work who cut his head open after banging it on a conveyor. He got taken to A&E at 9.30am and his car was still there when I left at 5.00pm.

When we saw him the next day we asked him where he got too. Turns out he sat in A&E for 6+hrs (the hospital is a 30min drive) waiting for a doctor to look at the cut, which by that time had stopped bleeding and he was very ****ed off for waiting to be seen too.

#6 alanbradley

alanbradley

Cool, calm & collected!

• Advanced Members
  • 4,394 posts
  • Toyota Model: Yaris Turbo (diesel!)

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

Yeowch... Glad you're okay though!

(Must have been a very low roof support though ;) :P )

:thumbsup:

A

#7 Caz SR

Caz SR

Top Rank Poster!

• Editor
  • 2,275 posts
  • Toyota Model: Two Toyotas

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:47 PM

I had an accident when I was younger, which resulted in splitting my chin open.

Got down to A&E and went though all the proceedure. After quite a wait (even though it was fairly quiet), my next door neighbour saw us on the ward and came over to see what was going on. Within minutes, I was being treated and (luckily) having steri-strips applied. Pays to have a neighbour who was a Sister on duty and kicked up a stink because we had to wait so long. ;)

Are you ok now Davy? No dizzyness/sickness? Blurring vision?

#8 cfc1

cfc1

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

You can't blame the doctors or nurses, they do a great job, but there either obviously arent enough of them or its down to the cr*p practices of the NHS.... :rolleyes:

It's deffinatley no fault of the staff.. they are run off their feet day and night... it's the fact that there isn't enough of them (poor wages could be the issue here.. woth their weight in gold) and the system needs to be looked at again.

Pah!

You girlies up there got none of our Northern stamina :P

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Are you ok now Davy? No dizzyness/sickness? Blurring vision?

I'm fine thanks Caz.. we are made from Guirders up here :lol:.. slight headache where the cut is, but i suppose thats natural.

I just wish these purple horned 5 legged 2 nosed overgrown beasts would leave me alone for a while ;) :rolleyes:

#9 kimi

kimi

Top Rank Poster!

• Super Moderator
  • 4,232 posts
  • Gender*:Female
  • Toyota Model: Nissan Juke digT

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:52 PM

Sounds like you had a interesting day davey :blink:
hope your feeling a little better now,like Em said may be a idea to get a jab from your gp.

as for the NHS i'm going to stick up for them
as they have been wonderfull at my local hospital looking after me :doctor:
i cant say a bad word against them.
But thats not A&E so i surpose that might be different.

#10 cfc1

cfc1

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:58 PM

Sounds like you had a interesting day davey :blink:
hope your feeling a little better now,like Em said may be a idea to get a jab from your gp.

as for the NHS i'm going to stick up for them
as they have been wonderfull at my local hospital looking after me :doctor:
i cant say a bad word against them.
But thats not A&E so i surpose that might be different.

I'm sure i've had a jab around 5 years ago.. should be ok :thumbsup:

I'm glad you are being looked after so well .. there are some parts of our NHS that are 2nd to none... and there are things in life that put things into perspective too.

All the best Kimi
xxx

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users