Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question

hoho15

i dont know if i put it in the right section but how hard is it to bring a car into the uk from ireland im after a levin BZ-R

Are you thinking of bringing it over yourself - or getting it imported by an import company. ?

The physical act of moving it is easy, the registration/compliance etc can be another issue. You're dealing with the DVLA so it's never going to be as straight forward as you'd like, but it's not too bad. Had this with the Sera when I brought it here. Fortunately there's a DVLA local office in Thornaby so it's fairly straight forward to go and get the info you need for registration.

Depending on the age of the car etc, you may need an SVA test too. Are there any more of these in the UK?

there will be a few of them in the UK i think, and as for bringing it over which everones easyest if i can get the insurance quote for one im on the verge of getting one this year but the only problem is i only wanna pay about 4500 for one there about a 98,99 age

I asked if there were any more over here because they would have the compliance issues etc sorted out already - that means that someone else has done the hard work. If you are the first to import something into the UK there is so much red tape it's untrue, but if there are already some over here then somebody else has already laid the groundwork for you - making it so much easier for you to import yours. FlatPack ( Supra forum ) has just imported himself a Supra. Probably worth dropping him a PM as he's more familiar with the current regs. He's a good lad !

Rich

there are at least three in northern ireland and our regulations are a little stricter than the mainland. I had one ordered a few years ago but then saw the g6r and now have the cts

Do you mean southern Ireland? cos I assumed Northern Ireland was under UK regs anyway and wouldn't be as much hassle. Sorry If I'm being ignorant. All the best getting it in anyway.

Rich K :thumbsup:

would it not be cheaper to import directly from japan than from ireland....in ireland to register an imported car a tax called vrt has to be paid. which can cost thousands of euro depending on the cars value. so ideally you would want to buy a levin not registered in ireland so you would get it chepaer...i think you should import from japan yourself. 98-99 levins in ireland are making on average €8k - €10k depending on spec.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links