Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Universal Turbo

kev :)

hi guys, ive found a universal turbo that im thinking of getting if i can, any ideas if it would fit or how i can make it fit? got a 03 plate 1.0l yaris. what else will i need if it will fit, do i need to change any thing else?! and how about fitting a dump valve?! will it go rite on?

thanks, kev

With the turbo being universal, u'll have to do loads of modifications to existing parts to get the turbo to fit (exhuast manifold, turbo cooling, ecu programming, to name just a few). Plus even if you get it up and running there is then the question mark of reliabilty? turbos are funny things, id personally get a turbo kit made to fit the yaris, this way u'd get all the parts you need and a better chance of it working properly. Its up to you tho mate, if uv got the time and effort then go for it

Remember you will also have to change suspension and brakes amongst other things to handle your new found power!

for the price it would probably cost you, you'd be better off getting the HKS turbo kit for the 1ltr. It's got everything you need.

Costs about £1800.

If you know something about engines, make a plan and try to do it.

It's a lot of hard work and you have to be very careful.

From my point of view, go for it (at least I'm thinking at the same thing like you and I have the same target, but I'm taking it step by step)

ok, tghanks guys, whats the easiest and cheapest way of increasing power to my car then? as in power you notice! i was thinking of a engine swap but too much money! my cousin told me to get it chipped but does any 1 know some one that has done it? is it poss on a 1L engine?

cheers all!

i may be wrong but i think chipping will only give you about an extra 10bhp (ish) but varies on every engine, any other mod that increases bhp will need declaring to your insurance company and will put your premium up a fair wack just cause most dont like engine mods in any way. i'll say they same a most ppl on her m8 swap your car in and get a 1.3 or a T-Sport

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links