Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeeky Brakes!

Akshay

Hi has anyone else had this problem? I've just had the front brake pads and discs changed on my Yaris 1.3VVTi from a local garage and they've been sqeeling alot under slow speed braking - its driving me nuts! I can also hear a squeeking type noise from the front wheels when I'm driving along - not sure why that is though! :blink:

Can anyone help with these problems please, especially the squeeling brakes!

P.S. When I had my last service the dealers pointed out that the front ARB bushes were cracked and worn - is this related in anyway?

Could just be a build up of brake dust.

Have you tried washing the area round your brakes (please, please, please, don't use WD40! :D)...

I've had my T3 back to the dealer about 7-8 times with the same problem

solution: Fit a bigger louder stereo cos toyota couldn't give a flying f**k !!! :ffs:

Are there any other alternatives rather than turning up the volume on the stereo? :(

This is really starting to bug me now - someone suggested applying copper grease to the pads - is that advisable?

Not a good idea to be honest. I think the squeeking is caused by the caliper sticking so maybe take that apart and grease that.

I've had no end of trouble trying to get toyota to fix this all through the warrenty i had it in then the first MOT (warrenty was over) i had it in again for the same problem even tho they had looked at it 2 weeks previous they tried to charge me £35 for cleaning the brake dust build up i told them where to go, they argued the toss so i told them i would pay it and get the money back from Toyota HO they waved the fee as a good will gesture.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links