Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Wheel Upgrade

Sprx77

Hey all, I want to get some 17's for my Yaris, but i'm worried that they won't fit or my speedo reads wrong. So i'm temped to just go for 15's, but my Yaris is designed to run on 14's :ffs:

I've looked at the wheels and tyres help thread, and taken note that a Yaris can take 15, 16 and 17 inch alloys. And visited http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html but I have no idea what diameters my original 14's are. I'm just worried, and need some advise.

Also my bro seems to think if i go over a bump in my yaris on 17's the wheel will go through the arch :eek:

The 1.3 has 175/65/14, if you went too 205/40/17 the diameter difference is 13mm, which isn't too bad, I'm not sure how much difference to the speedo that would make, some people on here will probably know, or you could work it out. They are alot wider too though, so i don't know if that will make a diffence.

16's with 195/45/16 tyres are almost exactly the same as your current rolling radius, and not so wide so they may be a safer option.

The 1.3 has 175/65/14, if you went too 205/40/17 the diameter difference is 13mm, which isn't too bad, I'm not sure how much difference to the speedo that would make, some people on here will probably know, or you could work it out. They are alot wider too though, so i don't know if that will make a diffence.

16's with 195/45/16 tyres are almost exactly the same as your current rolling radius, and not so wide so they may be a safer option.

If you have 175/65/14 now, you can go to 185/55/15 which is 0.2% slower; when you are doing 60mph you are actually doing 60.1mph.

If you want to go to 16 inch wheels you could have 195/45/16 which is 0.2% too fast, when you are doing 60mph you are actually doing 59.9mph.

(The 205/40/17 will be 2.2% slower so when doing 60mph you will be doing 61.3mph)

:thumbsup:

Ah right, so i'd be going slower than my speedo is telling me, that should be ok.

Ah right, so i'd be going slower than my speedo is telling me, that should be ok.

No! :eek:

On 17's the speedo will be slower... so when doing 60mph (on the speedo) you will be doing 61.3mph in real speed (with 205/40/17) :yes:

Read my previous post again!

Ok, I must have misunderstood. I'll just have to go a bit slower that my spedo is telling me then ;)

About the speedo, don't forget de error they usually have as standard: Mine has a 6% error, confirmed with GPS. at 100km/h the GPS shown 96km/h ;)

Yeah, when my speedo says 80, i'm going about 72-74ish on the GPS, so if you had 17's it would probably make the speedo more accurate.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links