Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petition Against Banning Cars Over 10 Years Old

lolly

You must sign this one!

It's about an EU proposal to ban cars over ten years old. Councils over here are already making plans to ban cars over 15 years old from city centres. The problem is the fact that it sounds reasonable to those who drive a new car and don't care about anyone who doesn't.

It's yet another attack on us by Eco Fascists.

If you don't do anything about it, you'll all be on the sodding bus.

The last big petition like this got over 1.5 million votes, and they had to take notice!

Please go there and do it, before the cars we love vanish for good

Suffering the onward march of ill-conceived EU legislation - according to which even thinking about old cars should be a punishable offence - is something we're forcibly getting used to, but even so news of a pilot shceme in Germany has us worried.

From this summer, all cars failing to meet 1996 emissions standards will be banned from stuttgart city centre - effectively rendering most cars over 10 years old useless; apply this logic to the uk and it would instigate the scrapping of almost seven million cars. It could happen, too - Edinburgh City Council for one is closely monitoring the Stuttgart scheme.

Clearly, while recycling everything is nice and green, recycling old cars (and threfore saving the planet from having to cough up the colossal amounts of energy needed to make new ones) is a Bad Thing. Bad for the car industy, yes. No one at PPC even owns a car made after 1996. so naturally we're less than thrilled; if you feel the same, put your name to yet another government petition.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Classic-Cars

I don't think there's a chance of cars over 10 years old being banned so I'm going to pass on this 1

Repost, and no chance.

Stuff em, I will drive my car where I like, they already have too much control over how I drive and park. :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links