Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chop Shop On T'telly

Captain Weirdbeard

Chop Shop is back

http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/chopshop/show/index.shtml

This season looks to be set in a backstreet garage in London. Last year it was Bangladesh, where Leepu and his crew made one off "supercars" out of, well... not much really apart from scrap and sheet steel. At the end of each show you'd be given a tantalising glimpse of what appeared to be a very well finished car that drove more or less as it were supposed to.

The viewer was left thinking; "That looked smart!" but I always wondered how good the cars would look under close scrutiny.

It is an entertaining show with a whacky and sometimes tense relationship between Bernie, the experienced London supercar mechanic and Leepu, the Bangladeshi car fanatic who never works from drawings - it's all in his head. Between them they design and manufacture one off "car creations".

The last series was not to be taken too seriously. It made a refreshing contrast to some of the formula motorist programs that were on the mainstream channels. I'm looking forward to when it starts again in October.

I'll keep an eye out for it ;)

I hope scrapheap challence comes back soon too!

Brilliant program...Leepu the only man that can make a Ferrari lookalike out of an old Datsun or something...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant program...Leepu the only man that can make a Ferrari lookalike out of an old Datsun or something...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But would you want to drive them at speed as they appear to be mostly made of pudding :lol:

But would you want to drive them at speed as they appear to be mostly made of pudding :lol:

I've never heard a follow-up to see if they end up street legal. These are cars for people to be seen in. Anyone in the market for this sort of fashion accessory is not going to be demanding much from it in the way of performance.

I've never heard a follow-up to see if these cars end up street legal. Bangladesh is one thing but Blighty is something else altogether. I'd guess that there would be a minimum standard for the car to meet before it can be registered for use here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links