Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlamp Angle

Longstrokethumper

Hello All. Just bought an '01 Yaris GS 1.0 and loving it. I've stumbled on your excellent forum - some great tips on here. I'm going to upgrade my headlamp bulbs to some Osram Night Breaker 55/60s, so it's great knowing in advance what a nightmare this is going to be! I'm conscious of blinding other drivers though, and in my opinion my headlamp angle is set too high. I know there's a switch on the dash to lower this, but there's a huge difference between the highest setting (unladen) and the next one down.

So I'd like to manually lower the angle a bit. Can any of you offer any tips on how this is done? I did a brief search but apologies if this is covered elsewhere on this forum! The owner's manual isn't any help.

Thanks a lot!

Ben

Ben

Just because you are going to fit brighter bulbs, does not mean you are going to blind people, if you think you are blinding people now then you do need to adjust them, if your not I wouldnt worry too much. It's easy to adjust the beam down a bit on the adjusters, the problem is that a very small adjustment can make quite a bit of difference. If I were you I would pop it into a local MOT station and just ask to check if it's too high first before you start messing with it

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi Kingo, thanks for the reply. I sure am worried about blinding others now. On dipped, the beam commonly rises into their eyes and on full it's almost like they're trying to light up the moon.

You mentioned the adjusters - can you tell me where these are?

Thanks again.

dont touch the adjusters, you will mess up your headlight angle and then you'll just have to get the mechanic to set it for you again.

To the right of your steering wheel you might have a little knob with numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, some cars dont have it think it was an option, you can move your beam up and down with this it electrically adjusts the headlights. Its really for if you have a heavy load in the back and then the front points up in the air, you can move the beam down.

What i would advise you to do is pop down to your mechanic and ask him to set your headlights, will only take 5-10 minutes and i doubt he would charge you. They use a special machine to set the headlights, when you take a car to a mechanic to get it checked before MOT they would do this but maybe yours hasnt been done in a while and needs done now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links