Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm Sick Of Hearing About It, England Out Euro 08

JappyBeast

From the night England went out of the Euro qualifiers we have not heard anything else but this! I think the way that the media are dragging this out is pathetic.

I'm not one for saying 'its only a game', I follow the game close but for god sake, WE GET IT!

"England has no international football presence....."

Being half Scottish and brought up in Scotland some might think I'm being bias but why doesnt England just raise their heads, accept the fact that they didnt make it and move on, the Scotts, or ROI aint moaning and they had a harder fight!

Rant over!

No you are not the only one Andy.

I have thought for a long time that professional football is a greatly overhyped game with overpaid players and a huge media machine driving it along.

Maybe they will now realise that professional football is not as important to as many people as they thought it was. :rolleyes:

Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't... don't matter :thumbsup:

Some people say that football is a matter of life or death & that's ridiculous. I can assure you it's much more important than that

Not qualifying for the Euro's is a massive financial blow to the whole country.

Like it or not it's a big story !

What made me laugh though ( apart from having a tenner on Croatia at 7/1 ) was the fans getting interviewed afterwards saying that it's ruined their next summer holidays ............... Eh???

The tournament will still go ahead, they could still go and enjoy the feast of football that will be served up. Maybe it's just not the same unless you have the blind hope that an underperforming, underachieving shower could actually play like a team for once ! I love international football - at it's highest level it's a joy to watch. It certainly hasn't ruined my summer.

There is talk of a one-off Home international tournament possibly happening - that should be fun !

It's our national game, Football is massively important - it's just a shame that it's taken so long for everyone else to come to the conclusion that I've had for years - - - England aren't really that good at it !

The thing is the only other news around is quite depresseing and is bad news for the government at present.

The trivial news about England football team takes the attention away from things like lost disks of sensitive information and slowly heading towards recession.

I did untill i started watching live games and getting behind a team and its city , 38 years with no footy and now i love it - pint n a pie please HELL YEAH .

Not qualifying for the Euro's is a massive financial blow to the whole country.

Like it or not it's a big story !

What made me laugh though ( apart from having a tenner on Croatia at 7/1 ) was the fans getting interviewed afterwards saying that it's ruined their next summer holidays ............... Eh???

The tournament will still go ahead, they could still go and enjoy the feast of football that will be served up. Maybe it's just not the same unless you have the blind hope that an underperforming, underachieving shower could actually play like a team for once ! I love international football - at it's highest level it's a joy to watch. It certainly hasn't ruined my summer.

There is talk of a one-off Home international tournament possibly happening - that should be fun !

It's our national game, Football is massively important - it's just a shame that it's taken so long for everyone else to come to the conclusion that I've had for years - - - England aren't really that good at it !

Yeah, but people had obviously been planning to spend their summer watching England playing in the European Championships, now they can't

Yeah, but people had obviously been planning to spend their summer watching England playing in the European Championships, now they can't

I fully appreciate that, but my point is this..............

England are rubbish at the moment. IF they had qualified then people could have gone over, drank in the bars, taken in the atmosphere and banter and had a great time - the worst part of the holiday would certainly be the 90 minutes watching their team underperform. They'd also end up coming home long before the tournament finished when England got knocked out.

They could still go if they wanted, drink in the bars, take in the atmosphere and banter and have a great time without the abject disappointment that would certainly follow. It's a lame excuse if you ask me.

If, on the other hand, the whole point was to get away from the wife for a few weeks then it's their own fault for not marrying someone better in the first place.

No sympathy here ! :P

Yeah, I can see what you're saying but if England had qualified, even if they'd have done crap it would have given their trip a purpose. They'd have gone to watch England, drink loads of foreign booze, see another part of the world, have banter with the locals/opposition & everything that comes with it, but the main purpose would be to watch England, which they can no longer do. I can see why people would want to go to watch their country in a major competition but to go to watch the competition knowing their country should have been there but constantly ballsed the qualification up doesn't seem logical to me. As you say, chances are they'd have gone over, watched a few games then been home early because the team went out, but now the team is already out so what's the point in going over in the 1st place?

Years ago myself and a group of my mates went to every away game one season. A lot of my mates were at Uni all over the country so we'd crash with them. Slaughtered on Friday night, lie in and a lazy saturday morning, then go to the match on the afternoon. Out on the town and clubbing on the night, lazy sunday morning and head home on Sunday afternoon.

The low point of the whole weekend was always going to the match !

I suppose there's always the possibility of the 'Home international' tournament next year for those who just can't live without fighting someone !

If the match hadn't been taking place though would you have still travelled down the country so much? I can see what you mean but the whole point of it is the football, the fact that you can have a great time for the whole time you're away is great, but without the match to base the trip around it's just not the same is it?

If the match hadn't been taking place though would you have still travelled down the country so much? I can see what you mean but the whole point of it is the football, the fact that you can have a great time for the whole time you're away is great, but without the match to base the trip around it's just not the same is it?

I see what you mean Kev, but that was a series of 'weekends away', not a main summer holiday !

If I was going to Austria then my holiday would undoubtedly be ruined if I had to watch England while I was over there. It's a stunning place.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links