JappyBeast

The Purple Monster

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,731 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Mad Purple MR2!

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:17 AM

From the night England went out of the Euro qualifiers we have not heard anything else but this! I think the way that the media are dragging this out is pathetic.

I'm not one for saying 'its only a game', I follow the game close but for god sake, WE GET IT!

"England has no international football presence....."

Being half Scottish and brought up in Scotland some might think I'm being bias but why doesnt England just raise their heads, accept the fact that they didnt make it and move on, the Scotts, or ROI aint moaning and they had a harder fight!

Rant over!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Red Yaris 54

Red Yaris 54

Top Rank Poster!

• Super Moderator
  • 19,410 posts
  • First Name:Red
  • Toyota Model: New Yaris Sport Chilli Red with Piri-Piri Trim-Sons Aygo "Ice"
  • Year: 2014

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:47 AM

No you are not the only one Andy.

I have thought for a long time that professional football is a greatly overhyped game with overpaid players and a huge media machine driving it along.

Maybe they will now realise that professional football is not as important to as many people as they thought it was. :rolleyes:

#3 Kev Mc

Kev Mc

Top Rank Poster!

• Advanced Members
  • 4,921 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Golf GT TDI :P

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't... don't matter :thumbsup:

Some people say that football is a matter of life or death & that's ridiculous. I can assure you it's much more important than that

#4 Boro Sera

Boro Sera

Northern 10 pin Champion

• Registered Member
  • 8,041 posts
  • Toyota Model: Sera

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:16 PM

Not qualifying for the Euro's is a massive financial blow to the whole country.
Like it or not it's a big story !

What made me laugh though ( apart from having a tenner on Croatia at 7/1 ) was the fans getting interviewed afterwards saying that it's ruined their next summer holidays ............... Eh???

The tournament will still go ahead, they could still go and enjoy the feast of football that will be served up. Maybe it's just not the same unless you have the blind hope that an underperforming, underachieving shower could actually play like a team for once ! I love international football - at it's highest level it's a joy to watch. It certainly hasn't ruined my summer.

There is talk of a one-off Home international tournament possibly happening - that should be fun !

It's our national game, Football is massively important - it's just a shame that it's taken so long for everyone else to come to the conclusion that I've had for years - - - England aren't really that good at it !

#5 Pompey Gaz

Pompey Gaz

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • 3,997 posts
  • Toyota Model: N/A

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:42 PM

I am now Dutch! lol England didn't deserve to go to the finals, even if we qualified going on the match on wednesday

#6 Boro Sera

Boro Sera

Northern 10 pin Champion

• Registered Member
  • 8,041 posts
  • Toyota Model: Sera

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

well as far as the Euro's go, I'm leaning towards either Germany or Romania. !

#7 Robie

Robie

Top Rank Poster!

• Advanced Members
  • 2,064 posts
  • Toyota Model: Subaru Impreza UK300

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:58 PM

The thing is the only other news around is quite depresseing and is bad news for the government at present.

The trivial news about England football team takes the attention away from things like lost disks of sensitive information and slowly heading towards recession.

#8 Phoenix999

Phoenix999

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 3,966 posts
  • First Name:Steve
  • Toyota Model: Auris Excel Touring Sport Auto
  • Year: 2013

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:07 PM

Football.... I :censor: hate football :yawn:

#9 GT4 BOOSTER

GT4 BOOSTER

Top Rank Poster!

• Advanced Members
  • 6,791 posts
  • Toyota Model: vw passat 1.9 tdi 130 bhp 96 kw , previous motors, 1995 hilux surf , 1995 celica gt4 st205 , 1994 celica gt.

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:04 PM

I did untill i started watching live games and getting behind a team and its city , 38 years with no footy and now i love it - pint n a pie please HELL YEAH .

#10 Kev Mc

Kev Mc

Top Rank Poster!

• Advanced Members
  • 4,921 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Golf GT TDI :P

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:29 PM

Not qualifying for the Euro's is a massive financial blow to the whole country.
Like it or not it's a big story !

What made me laugh though ( apart from having a tenner on Croatia at 7/1 ) was the fans getting interviewed afterwards saying that it's ruined their next summer holidays ............... Eh???

The tournament will still go ahead, they could still go and enjoy the feast of football that will be served up. Maybe it's just not the same unless you have the blind hope that an underperforming, underachieving shower could actually play like a team for once ! I love international football - at it's highest level it's a joy to watch. It certainly hasn't ruined my summer.

There is talk of a one-off Home international tournament possibly happening - that should be fun !

It's our national game, Football is massively important - it's just a shame that it's taken so long for everyone else to come to the conclusion that I've had for years - - - England aren't really that good at it !

Yeah, but people had obviously been planning to spend their summer watching England playing in the European Championships, now they can't

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users