Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leather Steering Wheel, Better Then Vinyl?

bigup

hi guys

ive got a vinyl steering wheel in '98 avensis, its nice to hold, but i would like a Leather one

anyone know where i can get one from? and will it be a straight swap?

• 10 months later...

I changed mine with one I purchased from the breakers yard for £15 it is an easy swap,just take care when removing the airbab that is contained within the central part of the steering wheel.

It is wise o disconnect the Battery before doing this work,otherwise should take you no more than 15 mins to do.

hi guys

ive got a vinyl steering wheel in '98 avensis, its nice to hold, but i would like a Leather one

anyone know where i can get one from? and will it be a straight swap?

I think i like the leather one. Lot more nice to hold and also has the stitching too.

Got a March 2008 '08 TR 2.2 diesel manual which came with a leather steering wheel....

.. but I drive the car with the wheel covered with a furry fake tiger-skin cover... Why?? Some years ago had an ex-Police 3ltr Omega manual (quick..) which after 200k+ miles had the original leather steering wheel de-laminating in my hands - so I needed a steering wheel glove... went looking for a black one but saw the tiger-skin and kept it like that till someone rear-ended it @ 235k - doors didn't open at the back and the boot had to be Duct-tape'd down.. got the write-off payment, bought it back & then sold it to someone else, still went too **** quick...

.. then got a Lexus GS300 - decided I wanted the tiger-skin.. and found all the ****y-nosed Lexus drivers were all upset (and about the nodding highland cow on the back shelf..)

Lexus had to go and the tradition of the tiger-skin steering wheel glove remains... in my ex-Enterprise rent-a-wreck Avensis...

Then I am 61 years old and slowing down a bit...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links