Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

All-trac St185

Toyotacelicagt4

My name is Troy Dickie I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. I have a 1991 toyota celica (st185). I am doing some engine tuning and other light mods such as a front mounted intercooler. I am thinking about running the car at about 25 boost which should put me at anywhere from 300-400 hp correct?... anyway my question is what cc of fuel injectors should be used for an application like this and where could i find them. Any help is greately appreciated. Thanks

hopefully you have rebuilt the engine with steel head gasket, arp studs and a set of forged pistons?

power will depend on what turbo you are using.

as for injectors i would swap them for maybe 800-850cc, these will allow a good margin of duty cycle.

what engine management are you using?

also, with it being a 185 you'll need to upgrade your fuel rail to get the most from larger injectors.

when you say 25 do you mean psi?

you'll need alot more mods to reach 400 on a 185 engine, 300 is a realistic figure as the cams are differerant to a 205 engine amongst other things

also, with it being a 185 you'll need to upgrade your fuel rail to get the most from larger injectors.

when you say 25 do you mean psi?

you'll need alot more mods to reach 400 on a 185 engine, 300 is a realistic figure as the cams are differerant to a 205 engine amongst other things

[/quot

Ya i found some stock 540cc fuel injectors from the 3rd gen. 3S GTE they should be able to handle at least 350 hp right?

And I will also need new cams, head gasket, forged pistons and fuel rail you say?

for 350, you'd be pushing the 540cc's beyond their means, if you wanted to mod on a shoe string so to speak you could buy a fuel pressure regulator and turn up the pressure, a cheap mod which will burn out the injectors sooner than if they were running standard pressures.

the 540's would get you to 300 even using the standard rail but anything bigger and you'll need to replace the rail to get the fuel through to the injectors.

you could fit 205 pistons, head gasket and exhaust cam which could possibly get you too 350bhp with the right fueling and management, you should also get yourself an uprated pump one that provides 255l/ph. and a good turbo and front mount.

for 350, you'd be pushing the 540cc's beyond their means, if you wanted to mod on a shoe string so to speak you could buy a fuel pressure regulator and turn up the pressure, a cheap mod which will burn out the injectors sooner than if they were running standard pressures.

the 540's would get you to 300 even using the standard rail but anything bigger and you'll need to replace the rail to get the fuel through to the injectors.

you could fit 205 pistons, head gasket and exhaust cam which could possibly get you too 350bhp with the right fueling and management, you should also get yourself an uprated pump one that provides 255l/ph. and a good turbo and front mount.

Ya i ordered a front mount and walbro fuel pump already. Its just i am having trouble finding steel head gasket, forged pistons and good fuelrails/injectors for my engine eBay has been no help so far on those items :( any suggestions. Also what kind of horseP can i get away with on the standard st185 turbo i am not really hoping for anything spectacular ATM.

300 bhp is about the limit for the turbo.

steel HG you can use one from the ST-205 or the MR2 Turbo SW-20 rev3.

JE do forged pistons for the 3S and they are bullet proof.

540cc injectors may well be too small for 350, what is the highest octane fuel you can get over there?

300 bhp is about the limit for the turbo.

steel HG you can use one from the ST-205 or the MR2 Turbo SW-20 rev3.

JE do forged pistons for the 3S and they are bullet proof.

540cc injectors may well be too small for 350, what is the highest octane fuel you can get over there?

Well as far as those 540's go its not a big deal I was outbid on eBay for them anyway im thinking I will just forget about them for now. Found a good rail and fuel pump already too. Sorry for all the noob questions I dont got alot of experience with tuning... but what size and C ratio would i want on those pistons for what im doing? And also is there any reliable site you might recomend for this stuff! (I recently lost alot of money to a untrust worthy site). eBay is all I really feel safe with atm but it doesnt have alot of what I need.

piston size go for 86.5mm, 87mm will weaken the block too much.

try here for JE's click me you will need the ones for 90+

piston size go for 86.5mm, 87mm will weaken the block too much.

try here for JE's click me you will need the ones for 90+

K thank you that helps alot.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links