Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Flush

amserve

Can anyone tell me if an engine flush has any benefits for an engine? my avensis has done nearly 60k in 7 years. Looking at the oil it seems dirty and black. Have heard of problems with using flush, anyone help please

thanks

Can anyone tell me if an engine flush has any benefits for an engine? my avensis has done nearly 60k in 7 years. Looking at the oil it seems dirty and black. Have heard of problems with using flush, anyone help please

thanks

I am not a mechanic or anything, but if the oil is dirty etc I would suggest draining+replacing it. I have never owned any car that required flushing. However I not an expert, what do rest of you guys/girls think?

thanks

hello mate

do not be in doubts the engine oil system flashing is bad. In case your oil is dirty and black then -- it is the signal that it works (!!!), and it would be worse should it be transparent before oil changing. go ahead with flashing.

cheers/Igor

If by engine flush you mean on a machine that forces solvents back though the system to clean the oilways I'd be very wary indeed. There are many stories of this damaging engines. It could cause more problems than it solves. Even just using a flushing oil can cause problems sometimes.

I would think that changing your oil regularly would be a better course of action.

Out of interest, how soon after a change of oil does it turn black?

You could PM Oilman for recommendations on the best oil to use, and raise the question about flushing the engine with him.

Carbibles probably worth a read too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links