Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Visual Basic

bigshark

anyone here knows their stuff about macros/VB using excel??

what i am trying to do is to transfer all jpg pics from a specific folder to a word/excel document. the key bit is that it searches for a particular word, i.e. picture001, then replacing that word with a picture... next word, next pic etc etc

a bit like facebook when adding pictures, it automaticly selects the photos from the folder and upload with a touch of a button!

any ideas?? :unsure:

anyone here knows their stuff about macros/VB using excel??

what i am trying to do is to transfer all jpg pics from a specific folder to a word/excel document. the key bit is that it searches for a particular word, i.e. picture001, then replacing that word with a picture... next word, next pic etc etc

a bit like facebook when adding pictures, it automaticly selects the photos from the folder and upload with a touch of a button!

any ideas?? :unsure:

I learn't some VB programming at Uni & seem to remember that the Word/Excel VB scripts utility didn't quite work the same.. however It may be possible to use word the way you wish. I have had to do basic conversions on paragraphs that I scanned from manuscripts, etc. This was a few years ago when I used word processing a lot in my job, and Word2000 was capable of more than I used it for! I know a man to ask who should know, but probably won't reply until next working week (April) so I suppose it may depend on what version of Word/excel you have.

You could also try one of the VB sites that offer up free downloads of scripts and programs that programmers allow others to have. Avoid some ready-to-run programs or at least check reviews of such a program and virus-check the program - I had a virus several years ago from a free VB program I wanted to try.

You should be able to get scripts, and quite possibly to do almost all or exactly what you want (sods law- others will have thought of same as you, question is has anybody written a solution!) ..with a little cut and pasting you might get lucky. Probably find some tutorials on using scripts somewhere on the web if you Google for it.

Mat - Raver-too

this should give you a start

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim fd As FileDialog
Dim counter As Long
Set fd = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)
Dim PictObj
Dim vrtSelectedItem As Variant
With fd
.Filters.Add "Images", "*.gif; *.jpg; *.jpeg", 1
If .Show = -1 Then
For Each vrtSelectedItem In .SelectedItems
Set PictObj = ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(vrtSelectedItem)
With PictObj
.ShapeRange.Top = 57 * counter
.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoTrue
.ShapeRange.Height = 57#
.ShapeRange.Width = 57#
counter = counter + 1
End With
Next vrtSelectedItem
End If
End With
Set fd = Nothing
Set PictObj = Nothing
End Sub

it opens a dialog windows which allows you to select multiple images and then it displays them in the woksheet

cheers guys!! think i've almost cracked it!! just needs a few tweeks and it should be there!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links