Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeeky Toyota Yaris Sr, 2008

C Russell

Have an new Yaris SR (approx 3 months old now). Has always made a chinking noise whilst driving. Dealership have been unable to solve problem. Toyota customer service (Mat), not very helpful (promised a return call within 48hours, no return call in 6 weeks!). Dealership (Johnson Toyota Wirral) also not very helpful, they have had it in for five full days on separate occassions and have returned it to me exactly the same. Wish I had purchased a Nissan note! has anyone else had the same problem?

• 5 weeks later...

If its the 1.8, I've had an issue with a Squeek aswell, but luckily, my local dealer is awesome and didn't give up untill they found the problem :)

they did three things to narrow it down and stop it, skim (sp?) the brake discs slightly, replace the gear linkage cables (which didn't help actually) eventually found it down near the shift selector and just needed some lube I think... :0

hope that gives some insight into a possible fix atleast :)

Could you give another dealer a try?

I had shocking service and advice from one dealer, so went to another and they've always been spot on.

Strangely, they are part of the same 'group' though. For example - our 1.3 Blue made a very strange noise when the air con was put on, but it was quieter when it didn't have it on (however it was still noticeable). Took it to dealer 1, who said there wasn't a problem and they changed a belt for us - yet it was the exact same after. Took it to dealer 2 who took it out for a road test, came back & straight away said that the clutch on the air con was broken & they'd order a new one under warranty. They fitted it when it was really convienient for me & she's been fine ever since.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links