• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 h04x

h04x

• Registered Member
  • 14 posts
  • Toyota Model: 190vvtli

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

Well just wanted to say thank you for everyone answering all my questions recently regarding celica's i went through a right bad patch of luck. Looked at 5 and done hpi checks on them all and only one came up clear.

Was really annoyed with one guy who advertised it as being mint etc and done a 300 mile round trip to get there and find the radiator was burst, had no coolent or oil, air con was leaking, had been in a smash as the bumper didnt line up right, the interior was all ripped and was scratches etc all over it. I understand someone wanting to make a sale but why lie so badly was obvious i was going to check it before buying it.

Anyway eventually found one i really liked and had everything i wanted. its a vvtli 190 edition 2002, got 63k on the clock with the premium and sports pack. had to do an 9 hour round trip to get it after work and was working the next day but was worth it.

Anyway thanks again and comments welcome :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Hogie

Hogie

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: 03 corolla t sport

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

She looks sweet man, just take it easy on that engine when shes cold and it will prob last forever. She wont let you engage lift till she warm anyway. And good quality oil :thumbsup:

#3 h04x

h04x

• Registered Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

She looks sweet man, just take it easy on that engine when shes cold and it will prob last forever. She wont let you engage lift till she warm anyway. And good quality oil :thumbsup:

yeah i have always treated my cars good letting them heat up untill warm, going to get it fully serviced end of the month and get a professional valet on it, fingers crossed its a good one though, looks well cared for. got it for 5350 aswell so seems a brilliant buy in my opinion

#4 GazChap

GazChap

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Toyota Model: GT-Four ST205

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:36 PM

Nice car mate, seems like a good price too :) After the hassle you had looking around for one it's good that you've got one sorted!

#5 Hogie

Hogie

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Toyota Model: 03 corolla t sport

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

yeah i have always treated my cars good letting them heat up untill warm, going to get it fully serviced end of the month and get a professional valet on it, fingers crossed its a good one though, looks well cared for. got it for 5350 aswell so seems a brilliant buy in my opinion

Thats cheap mate, When i was looking for my car last year celicas were making massive money compared to the corolla. Bit of a bargain, seeing as she is a 190. Real nice looking car.

Those engine are know for bending valves. One fella in the corolla forum was spinning the wheel on grass, popped it into second for traction to quickly and done a whole load of damage, talking thousands so be careful of that if you like fast getaways!!!

Clutches are weak on the corolla using that engine, oh and bearing in the gearbox go apparently. Should think about changing the gearbox oil, improves the gear change. Same gearbox in both cars.

#6 h04x

h04x

• Registered Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

Nice car mate, seems like a good price too :) After the hassle you had looking around for one it's good that you've got one sorted!

Thanks, i hope so too, seems a solid enough car, drove it 140 miles home without an issue no noises what so ever so that is good news. Just finding it is so economical on motorways but is terrible in town.

Thats cheap mate, When i was looking for my car last year celicas were making massive money compared to the corolla. Bit of a bargain, seeing as she is a 190. Real nice looking car.

Those engine are know for bending valves. One fella in the corolla forum was spinning the wheel on grass, popped it into second for traction to quickly and done a whole load of damage, talking thousands so be careful of that if you like fast getaways!!!

Clutches are weak on the corolla using that engine, oh and bearing in the gearbox go apparently. Should think about changing the gearbox oil, improves the gear change. Same gearbox in both cars.

yeah i have to admit i do have a bit of a lead right foot. Ill prob just get a major service and valet at the end of the month chanign all the gearbox oil etc aswell, although the gearbox feels solid :D really tight but then im used to an old rover engine and gearbox.

just getting used to all the controls to manageing the heating what ever happened to a knob for hot-cold and one for fan speed, those were the days lol

#7 gordypix

gordypix

Photography Freak

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Toyota Model: Celica G7 190 in Chilli Red

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:37 AM

Ah man - those floor mats are GROSS... change them...! :lol:

Lovely car though!!! B)

#8 h04x

h04x

• Registered Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

Ah man - those floor mats are GROSS... change them...! :lol:

Lovely car though!!! B)

yeah been looking at some on ebay, did have money to buy them but ive used so much petrol in the last 2 days going to need to wait till after pay day now

#9 Ed_Shek

Ed_Shek

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Toyota Model: Corolla T-Sport

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:09 AM

Nice motor! :D

#10 Gerberman

Gerberman

• Registered Member
  • 15 posts
  • Toyota Model: Celica 140 Gen 7

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

Nice car M8, mines black bugger to keep clean but best colour when they are. :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users