Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel In D4-d Oil Sump

tobytyke

Was driving along the other day and came to a incline only about 1-10 when suddenly the engine started to rev on its own with out me touching the accelerator, this only lasted for about 2-3 seconds but very dangerous i thought so i phoned the AA , a van came about 30 minutes later and told me that i had 3 times the amount of fluid in the sump and that he thought the excess fluid was diesel. He advised i drop it of at mr T and not drive it untill they have looked at it .I have not had a answer from them yet but how can diesel get there anyway my mate thinks injector fault ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE.

Was driving along the other day and came to a incline only about 1-10 when suddenly the engine started to rev on its own with out me touching the accelerator, this only lasted for about 2-3 seconds but very dangerous i thought so i phoned the AA , a van came about 30 minutes later and told me that i had 3 times the amount of fluid in the sump and that he thought the excess fluid was diesel. He advised i drop it of at mr T and not drive it untill they have looked at it .I have not had a answer from them yet but how can diesel get there anyway my mate thinks injector fault ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE.

hello

physically yr mate is right.

look - each fuel valve has loading spring inside the case and in case this spring got destroyed then diesel is poured into combustion chamber and down thru piston grooves/rings downwards to the crancase. The problem is there -- have all injectors dismantled immly and test all of them. It is understood the lube oil has to be changed at the same time.

This fuel valve falure is happened very seldom, but happened.

Cheers/Igor

please reply how did they dissclosed the diesel in oil? Have they checked with lube flash point? The fllash point is an indicator (for guidance - diesel flash point is 60 C degrees; but the lube's one is more than 140 C. and the flash point of the mixture is less than the flash point of the lube)

cheers/Igor

please reply how did they dissclosed the diesel in oil? Have they checked with lube flash point? The fllash point is an indicator (for guidance - diesel flash point is 60 C degrees; but the lube's one is more than 140 C. and the flash point of the mixture is less than the flash point of the lube)

cheers/Igor

cheers/Igor

hello Igor ,

I think they arrived at fuel because no water had been lost and it was running at 28 to the gallon, got the car back today,

FAULT : Fuel return pipe not presureized, causing fuel to leak into the cylinder head via the leak off seals, thanks

cheers/Igor

hello Igor ,

I think they arrived at fuel because no water had been lost and it was running at 28 to the gallon, got the car back today,

FAULT : Fuel return pipe not presureized, causing fuel to leak into the cylinder head via the leak off seals, thanks

agree with you in case all the returning pipes are locacted inside the cyl head.

it is a minor case then - otherwise you had to pay more for these springs + work + vat :)

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links