Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T2 Eobd Help...

lookie

I have a 2003 Toyota Avensis T2 which has 132k and is in need of a service. Does anyone know what type of EOBD connector i have? I want to buy a scanner from e-bay but am not sure of the correct spec. of one that should work? Any help appreciated as I want to check out the reason for my engine management fault light on the dashboard before I go to a dealer to be ripped off! *8-)

OK. So some self help and other forum entries i found the OBD-II connector under the

dashboard and steering wheel right shin level.

gallery_66211_693_420282.jpg

and it's using 16 pin standard connector (but only pin 2, 4-7, 10 and 14-16) inserted on my OBD scanner

using ISO 9141-2 protocol.

See following comments/posts.

OK. I am really having fun today. Self-diagnosis has revealed the following;

1. OBD-II port under the dashboard

2. Newly purchased OBDII scanner/monitor attached

3. RESULT! .... shown below;

gallery_66211_693_11804.jpg

4. Found on the internet Toyota DTCP0505 idle fault diag manual DI-106. Reading it. Will keep you all posted on progress!!

Euro Car Parts are selling top quality OBD11 tester made by BLaupunkt. Friend over in London has used it for a few weeks now & says he cannot fault it. Bit different to eBay.UK, you can see what your buying before parting with the cash.

Euro Car Parts are selling top quality OBD11 tester made by BLaupunkt. Friend over in London has used it for a few weeks now & says he cannot fault it. Bit different to eBay.UK, you can see what your buying before parting with the cash.

Oh thanks. I think I've seen those blue vans driving around. Thanks you've reminded me I need to order an air filter. I'll try Euro Car Parts first.

p.s. all.... took the car for a 100 mile drive with TP injection cleaner after hoovering and cleaning the air filter and housing.

Also replaced new oil. Result. Idle flow alarm has cleared. Could it really have been the injection and blocked (with feathers air intake). Wow.... saved an expensive car service there! Funny result! DIY enthusiast here we come.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links