Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kit For 2000 Celica 140bhp

Ryanzo

What kit would you recommend?

And also, what sort of money are we talking?

I'm only out of a shop there now, and the guy says it would cost me about £260 for a certain KnN kit.

I thought, wtf It cant be that dear.

If you want to completely waste your money by over fuelling..they're fantastic!

If you want more power, the most cost effective way is to buy a 190/TS/GT. More noise, remove the butterfly valve, now that's a free mod.

PS I have a 140 with a K&N Panel Filter so don't run the risk of CEL's :)

ya I was wondering about this as well....Ive heard different things on the k&n and hks induction kits but was also told that I should chip it..

You can only fit a piggy back system to the ECU or replace the current chip with an 'off the shelf' performance chip. Either way, you'll only get about a 9-10% performance increase.

The standard ECU, does not seem able to be remapped (I looked into this myself). Toyota did the best they could with the Celica engines.

Fit a performance panel filter and get about 1-2%. If you want more power, you'll need to fit a turbo, providing you've got £3k+

Thanks for the advice people, 10% wouldnt be a bad increase in power at all, so i might get it chipped.

I dont wanna have to change cars cus I like the 1 I have too much.

I'd be prepared to bet a sizeable wad that you can't gain anywhere near 9-10% simply by fitting an after market chip.

Try asking the question on celicaclubuk as there are some very knowledgeable owners on that Forum.

The best thing to do is stick with what you've got. I contacted a piggy back system manufacturer and they said I could get upto 9% increase for £400. We'll I'm sure we'd all admit that, this would probably end up as only a 5% increase. Well not worth the money.

You'd be better off removing any stuff from the car that you don't need, take the spare out (make sure you fit a tyre repair can), fit a performance filter, use good grade fuel & fuel system cleaners. This will ensure you get the most out of a STOCK 140.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links