Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Problem

andye

hello everyone . can anyone give me some advice . my 2002 avensis d4d gear selection is sometimes difficult , sometimes the clutch pedal does not return fully to the top [maybe 20-30mm low] what can i check . cheers .

hello everyone . can anyone give me some advice . my 2002 avensis d4d gear selection is sometimes difficult , sometimes the clutch pedal does not return fully to the top [maybe 20-30mm low] what can i check . cheers .

hello

it's deemed the clutch bearing is not returned back due to shaft has no grease. Or the pedal stroke might be adjusted.

Cheers/Igor

hello

it's deemed the clutch bearing is not returned back due to shaft has no grease. Or the pedal stroke might be adjusted.

Cheers/Igor

cheers igor . which shaft needs to be greased ? not sure on pedal adjustment either [ clutch is hydrolic ].

Possibly a faulty master cylinder. Has the clutch fluid ever been changed? You could try flushing it out with some new fluid.

hello

Cheers/Igor

cheers igor . which shaft needs to be greased ? not sure on pedal adjustment either [ clutch is hydrolic ].

hello

the shaft that holds the clutch bearing.

re pedal - check first with this shsaft greasing. i only deem with pedal adjusting. normaly it must to have adjusting thrust bolt that can be either screw in or screw off to reach a free strock of pedal. cheers/Igor

looking at the age of the car

I am inclined to think pressure plate faliure.

hi mate , clutch isn,t slipping or anything . pedal travel seems to reduce sometimes .i,ve bled the clutch and it seem to be ok for now , allthough i didn,t notice any air come out .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links