Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Is There So Much Smoke

oreillyjason

Hi i have a toyota avensis its the newer shape 2003 model. when i drive the car in the morning it everything is normal then 5 mins later there is lots of smoke comeing out of the exaust. When the engine heats up to half way it goes away again. Its not the fule im using are the heater plugs as one went and i thought that was the problem so i got them all changed. Let me no if any 1 has any idea wats wrong thanks.

Hi i have a toyota avensis its the newer shape 2003 model. when i drive the car in the morning it everything is normal then 5 mins later there is lots of smoke comeing out of the exaust. When the engine heats up to half way it goes away again. Its not the fule im using are the heater plugs as one went and i thought that was the problem so i got them all changed. Let me no if any 1 has any idea wats wrong thanks.

[/quote

The first question is what colour smoke is it?

[/quote

The first question is what colour smoke is it?

[/quote

its a grey blue colour

hello

the glow plugs work only when cold started.

check with an air filter first.

are yoou the first owner or ...???

in case of the first -- what was the works list done during last service?

what is total milage on the clock?

cheers/Igor

hello

cheers/Igor

Hi thanks for your reply. No i am not the first owner im the second. I got the car 2 years ago with 76000 miles on it now theres 104000 miles. its been regurley serviced every 10.000 miles r so with oil and filters changed dont no about the air filter tho do u recon thats wat it is.

cheers

hello

cheers/Igor

Hi thanks for your reply. No i am not the first owner im the second. I got the car 2 years ago with 76000 miles on it now theres 104000 miles. its been regurley serviced every 10.000 miles r so with oil and filters changed dont no about the air filter tho do u recon thats wat it is.

cheers

hello

before any decision -- you'd to know what to expect basing on the records typed in service book.

i deem the problem might be close to either injectors or air filter. check with them first. i presume the acceleration is perfect - correct?

cheers

Igor

hello

cheers/Igor

cheers

hello

before any decision -- you'd to know what to expect basing on the records typed in service book.

i deem the problem might be close to either injectors or air filter. check with them first. i presume the acceleration is perfect - correct?

cheers

Igor

hi

yes accelaration is still the same as it was. I was haveing a look at the service records and there is nothing in here about an air filter being replaced. would it be a diy job r is it best getting someone in toyota to have a look. If it is a diy job were would i find the air filter

thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links