Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

On Road/off Road Tyres Again!

niceritchie

Hi all. Haven't visited for a while due to having a really reliable car for a change.

Well, I've posted before regarding tyres and suspension lifts. The lift is on hold until I get reliable info on what happens to the anti roll. General Grabber AT2 are my fave choice of tyre at the moment but they don't come in 235 60 R16. Can I fit 235 70 R16 instead? And will it affect the speedo/milo. Grabber usb will fit but they're not really chunky enough.

I'm not really understanding the sizing of tyres and any help and other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Have a read at this post as it covers your question

Tyre size

Thanks Bothy, you've been a help before if I remember.

If I did lift it, do you know what happens to the anti-roll system. People I've spoken to are rather vague about it, but it may need to be disconnected. I foresee MOT failure and crap cornering.

Not totally clear on sizing re;MPH and mileage but I think I'll fit the larger tyres anyway except my spare isn't going to fit in the cover anymore!! The BFGoodrich leave about 1cm of clearance on full lock. Fine until you pick up stones. The Grabbers are not so gnarly and cost a LOT less. Event will deliver and fit at under £100 per wheel.

Have a read at this post as it covers your question

Tyre size

Thanks Bothy, you've been a help before if I remember.

If I did lift it, do you know what happens to the anti-roll system. People I've spoken to are rather vague about it, but it may need to be disconnected. I foresee MOT failure and crap cornering.

Not totally clear on sizing re;MPH and mileage but I think I'll fit the larger tyres anyway except my spare isn't going to fit in the cover anymore!! The BFGoodrich leave about 1cm of clearance on full lock. Fine until you pick up stones. The Grabbers are not so gnarly and cost a LOT less. Event will deliver and fit at under £100 per wheel.

The early 4.1s did not have a rear anti-roll bar altho the next versions had front and back.

If you lift the car by much, you start affecting the castor etc angles. Fitting a slightly larger tyre won't have that much effect though - altho the result will be marginally slower acceleration and a higher top speed/ lower revs at a given speed. Means the mpg will be a bit better.

I can't see the anti-roll bar being troubled much and I'd doubt an MOT tester would pick it up.... I dropped the wheel/tyre diameter by fitting the 18" wheels with low profile tyres = a 10% error on the mph. No effect on the front antiroll bar.... and it passed the MOT.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links