Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres On A D4d 54 Plate Avensis

mightymac

Hello all,

I have a 54 plate D4D Avensis. The front tyres are looking like they'll need changing over the next couple of months. I normally change all 4 at the same time (depending on savings).

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good, all round, all weather tyre that is best suited to this kind of vehicle. Its currently got Michellins on and its blitzed through those in no time (quite worn when I purchased car - so no heavy footed comments please). I do a lot of mixed miles. Some motorway, some public, some muddy (due to where I live).

I normally go for the offers on the premium range, however does anyone have any experience of the mid range brands? i.e. Firestone, Avon, Hankook, Toyo?? There always seems to be offers on these tyres but I'm always reluctant to put them on.

Be interested to hear if anyones used the above and can comment.

Thanks!

Hi,

I always stick to Continental Sport Contact 2 tyres. I have now used them on 4 different cars, Avensis, Passat, Alfa 156 & A6 & they have never let me down. They are more expensive than other tyres, but they last extremely well & stick like glue.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Marama

Hello all,

I have a 54 plate D4D Avensis. The front tyres are looking like they'll need changing over the next couple of months. I normally change all 4 at the same time (depending on savings).

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good, all round, all weather tyre that is best suited to this kind of vehicle. Its currently got Michellins on and its blitzed through those in no time (quite worn when I purchased car - so no heavy footed comments please). I do a lot of mixed miles. Some motorway, some public, some muddy (due to where I live).

I normally go for the offers on the premium range, however does anyone have any experience of the mid range brands? i.e. Firestone, Avon, Hankook, Toyo?? There always seems to be offers on these tyres but I'm always reluctant to put them on.

Be interested to hear if anyones used the above and can comment.

Thanks!

hello

i use Nokian 205/55/16" WR in winter and GoodYear Ventura (same size) in summer.

No any complains

Cheers/Igor

To Mightymac,

Sorry cannot help you with tyre choice. But if you have TNS300ETA Sat/Nav system fitted in your car, remember to go into settings & use facility to show new tyres have been fitted if you want to keep your trip meter accurate.

Regards, Beagh.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links