Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knobs And Ends...

Cherry Red Pocket Rocket

As most of you know, I've recently bought a Yaris (and won't shut up about it I'm so thrilled to have one, finally!) And have already changed the areal to a small little black one which looks more durable and cooler in my opinion. The only other modification that I would like to do to the car is change the plastic gear knob. Although I like the feel of it because its big (fits snugly in my big hands) I would like something not so... grey plastic? Had a look online and so far all I can seem to find are racing knobs and what have you. I just want something that looks nice. black and chrome/steel or red and chrome/steel to match the exterior of the car. Something tasteful, feels nice to the touch and has nice markings and not some "no fear" playboy or racing logo on it. I'll leave that to the abhorent boy racers in their embarrassing to look at Fiat Puntos and Citroen Zaxo's.

Any ideas boys and girls?

As most of you know, I've recently bought a Yaris (and won't shut up about it I'm so thrilled to have one, finally!) And have already changed the areal to a small little black one which looks more durable and cooler in my opinion. The only other modification that I would like to do to the car is change the plastic gear knob. Although I like the feel of it because its big (fits snugly in my big hands) I would like something not so... grey plastic? Had a look online and so far all I can seem to find are racing knobs and what have you. I just want something that looks nice. black and chrome/steel or red and chrome/steel to match the exterior of the car. Something tasteful, feels nice to the touch and has nice markings and not some "no fear" playboy or racing logo on it. I'll leave that to the abhorent boy racers in their embarrassing to look at Fiat Puntos and Citroen Zaxo's.

Any ideas boys and girls?

Try e bay

Had a look at eBay and even though the prices are good you can't really see many pictures of the [gear] knob [and you don't know who the knob selling it is either].

What do you guys think of this one?

http://www.directcarparts.co.uk/buy-car-ac...er-p-18538.html

Or this one which I like more:

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/product.php/965/...e-sport-gt3-red

or this one?

http://www.gear-knobs.co.uk/mirage-yellow-...knob-p-606.html

I like the last one the most. Red or chrome?

Decided to go for the last one in chrome in the end. My only worry is that I hope it doesn't look silly with having a vinyl dash or like a stupid mod like a lot of boy racers and their cars. I've only stuck a small black areal on and will have a nice chrome gear knob so that should look good non?

Decided to go for the last one in chrome in the end. My only worry is that I hope it doesn't look silly with having a vinyl dash or like a stupid mod like a lot of boy racers and their cars. I've only stuck a small black areal on and will have a nice chrome gear knob so that should look good non?

Are you for real; or are you taking the urine? :censor:

Ps: I'm one of the boys ( albeit an older one ).

I am being real. Don't shoot me, I just think that trying to modify a Yaris into something sporty looking or to put tinted windows in it and U.V. lights underneath it would just look silly. It's just not that kinda car. Its got bags of charm and personality of its own and doesn't need things stuck on it or to be modified in any way.

I even gave up on the car horn bit. I guess I just don't want things to look out of place on it or people to think "that looks nice" and then break in and pinch it.

I was going to suggest a TRD knob, they look really nice, will cost you though. I've considered one before.

I am being real. Don't shoot me, I just think that trying to modify a Yaris into something sporty looking or to put tinted windows in it and U.V. lights underneath it would just look silly. It's just not that kinda car. Its got bags of charm and personality of its own and doesn't need things stuck on it or to be modified in any way.

I even gave up on the car horn bit. I guess I just don't want things to look out of place on it or people to think "that looks nice" and then break in and pinch it.

Wish the yaris you have to modify well and in subtle way and it looks awesome!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links