Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Safety Cameras On Sat Nav?

daxsmum

Hi all, have just bought an 06 Avensis D4D TSpirit with the dashboard flip up Sat Nav which has the original DVD 2005/2006 Version 1 - I was disappointed to see it didn't have postcode search or speed/safety cameras - can anyone tell me if the updated DVD has these options. The latest DVD according the the map update site is 2007/2008. Also how do I tell which model of Sat Nav this is - I have seen model numbers TSN500 or TSN700 quoted but can't see anywhere where to find this info. I am reluctant to spend out £137 on this DVD from the update site if it still doesn't show these options. Can anyone help please.

Hi all, have just bought an 06 Avensis D4D TSpirit with the dashboard flip up Sat Nav which has the original DVD 2005/2006 Version 1 - I was disappointed to see it didn't have postcode search or speed/safety cameras - can anyone tell me if the updated DVD has these options. The latest DVD according the the map update site is 2007/2008. Also how do I tell which model of Sat Nav this is - I have seen model numbers TSN500 or TSN700 quoted but can't see anywhere where to find this info. I am reluctant to spend out £137 on this DVD from the update site if it still doesn't show these options. Can anyone help please.

Hi there, the 2007 dvd for the TNS310 does not have post codes or speed cameras, i have a January Reg 2007 2.2d4d T-Spirit and this has the center console satnav/cd/radio so i'm very sure this is correct. I was also disappointed with mine but thankfully i don't use satnav a great deal. There is an alternative to post codes which is quite good and that is find by telephone numbers which works quite well. A guy down the road from me has a 2007/2008 Avensis and that does have post codes. It seems a bit silly but true, but most people say buy a TomTom system for a lot less than the update dvd.

You can of course get the update for yours free from a Piratebay torrent download, do a search on this forum for the link as myself and others have posted replies before.

Regards Pete.

Hi there, the 2007 dvd for the TNS310 does not have post codes or speed cameras, i have a January Reg 2007 2.2d4d T-Spirit and this has the center console satnav/cd/radio so i'm very sure this is correct. I was also disappointed with mine but thankfully i don't use satnav a great deal. There is an alternative to post codes which is quite good and that is find by telephone numbers which works quite well. A guy down the road from me has a 2007/2008 Avensis and that does have post codes. It seems a bit silly but true, but most people say buy a TomTom system for a lot less than the update dvd.

You can of course get the update for yours free from a Piratebay torrent download, do a search on this forum for the link as myself and others have posted replies before.

Regards Pete.

Thanks very much Pete, appreciate this. We've already got a TomTom we used with our previous vehicle, looks like we'll still have to use this for speed cameras. I'll certainly investigate the phone number option though, will be interested to see how that works. At least I know now we've got the TNS310 and will also try the download! Thanks again, Val.

Regards Pete.

Thanks very much Pete, appreciate this. We've already got a TomTom we used with our previous vehicle, looks like we'll still have to use this for speed cameras. I'll certainly investigate the phone number option though, will be interested to see how that works. At least I know now we've got the TNS310 and will also try the download! Thanks again, Val.

ifits just speed cameras you want then buy one of these

http://shop.snooperdirect.com/product510186.html

if you shop around you can find them for 30 quid at some places, i use one and they are brilliant

Why all this fuss about speed camera detection? Try driving within the legal limits, I've been driving fifty years, everything from motor bikes to Artics in several countries and never had a speeding ticket.

Regards Pete.

That is something I have been looking into !! I have a Tomtom with Pocket GPS speed camera data base on it but will

be buying a car with the sat nav included and will miss the speed camera warning .

I just wonder if you do not plan a route on the Tomtom and un-tick only warn when on route if you will still get the speed camera warnings without the vocal directions

Will let you know if I get anywhere

Just to add that I have now tried it and if you do not have a route planed and un-tick the warn on route you will not get the directions from Tomtom but will get the camera alerts ( this info is based on the pocket gps speed camera data base ) I would think you may be okay with Tomtom

Why all this fuss about speed camera detection? Try driving within the legal limits, I've been driving fifty years, everything from motor bikes to Artics in several countries and never had a speeding ticket.

Maybe we are not all as good as you :huh::rolleyes:

But then I reckon it is simply a case of that you have not been caught ;) :D

Maybe we are not all as good as you :huh::rolleyes:

But then I reckon it is simply a case of that you have not been caught ;) :D

This is a whole new subject !!

I have no objection to speed cameras if they are used for the benefit of road safety but in all honesty they are just revenue raisers.

Catching a motorist on a motorway doing 80 mph is probably a less risk to other drivers than a motorist doing 60 MPH overtaking near a brow of a hill on a A road

Its dangerous driving that is the cause of most accidents and its no so easy to catch them !! the cost of the man power needed makes it less of a priority

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links