Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Boy ! Rav4 4.2 Tte Backbox "what Do You Think?"

jtgpe74

HI

New hear had our rav about 5 months now , I know its not new

but the whole family love it.

Just fitted a TTE twin tail pipe backbox it was a bit pricey but is all stainless so

should last.

It took about 30 mins to fit , fits really well looks and sounds great ( but not really noisey when driveing ).

I have also fitted toyota mudflaps winbow stainless side bars/steps and tinted the rear windows .

I think I have the rav4 "bug" I like to keep it clean ( back box polishes up like a mirror and makes the rear look loads better )

and am looking for more tastefull mods all the time

maybe an 80mm A bar with big spotlights .....hmmmm not sure .

I'm also thinking of upgradeing the stereo from the current 58812 ( I think thats the model number ) to the toyota full screen sat nav model .

Anyone done this before ?

Its also due its 60000 service soon anyone got any ideas what that will cost at toyota .

cheers , jtgpe74

(photo wont upload)

Hi and welcome to the club. RAV sounds good. Info. on uploading photos here:

LINK

I'd look at an aftermarket GPS system as much as a Toyota one, I think you'd get more features for a similar price (unless latter was off eBay...)

HI

Just fitted a TTE twin tail pipe backbox it was a bit pricey but is all stainless so

should last.

It took about 30 mins to fit , fits really well looks and sounds great ( but not really noisey when driveing ).

I have also fitted toyota mudflaps winbow stainless side bars/steps and tinted the rear windows .

I think I have the rav4 "bug" I like to keep it clean ( back box polishes up like a mirror and makes the rear look loads better )

I'm also thinking of upgradeing the stereo from the current 58812 ( I think thats the model number ) to the toyota full screen sat nav model .

Its also due its 60000 service soon anyone got any ideas what that will cost at toyota .

cheers , jtgpe74

(photo wont upload)

hi jtgpe74

welcome to the club,i used to have a twin rear box 'tte' set up on a black 51 reg i had once,looked the biz!!.

yep rav's are addictive and reliable. :thumbsup:

i am also from essex,...colchester area

glad to have you on board

rambler

HI

should last.

cheers , jtgpe74

(photo wont upload)

Welcome.

I got the twinpipe tte on my 05 RAV and it really looks and sound good.

For full screen sat nav I would suggest looking aftermarket more then Toyota OEM.  Even if you got a Toyota unit at a reasonable price, the cost of map updates can be a killer compared to non-OEM.  I went for a Kenwood unit that has DVD, bluetooth (from Parrot), Sat-Nav (from Garmin) and built in & free ability to have speed cameras and Traffic info and rerouting.

if you got a diesel, think the cambelt is due at 60k as well as rest of major service.

HI

should last.

cheers , jtgpe74

(photo wont upload)

Hi mate,

I am also from ESSEX (Southend on sea)

I also have the Rav4 bug lol, I have not stopped modding it since I bought it.

I just fitted a K&N typoon induction to the car and OMG what a difference it has made! Sounds better, goes better and at about 4000 revs it just roars.

One of these might go well with your exhaust.

If you want one then look here as the cheapest I found.

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/performance/toyota/rav-4.html

As far as audio systems goes, I found a guy selling the touch screen Pioneer double din with sat nav, bluetooth etc for £500 cash. I just need £500 and I will buy one.

If you are interested then he might have a deal on 2 and he was from Essex too.

I really want the TTE twin exhaust system but its just too pricey for me so I found a firm in Rainham that will build me a custom exhaust from the Cat back for £287.50

We can certainly build a Stainless Steel Exhaust for your RAV-4.

All our systems are tailor-made using stainless steel (T304) and come with a no hassle, fully transferable LIFETIME GUARANTEE so it is literally fit and forget.

Our free-flow systems are designed for efficiency, which can give increased power and improved MPG. Usually the most noticeable improvement is in low down torque giving better acceleration.

Every system comes with a choice of our standard tailpipes, and we have an extensive range of tailpipe upgrade options, so you can choose the finish that's exactly right for you and your car! And because our systems are custom built, you are able to tell us how you would like the car to sound, anywhere from quiet to full sport. The most popular choice is Mild Sport, which gives a slight note when you accelerate, but without being intrusive.

To design and build a Longlife Stainless Exhaust system from the Cat Back through to the rear of your vehicle, would cost £ 287.50 (including fitting and VAT).This would come with a standard 3” tail pipe design.

Was thinking of having one built with a nice sporty but throaty sound and twin pipes.

How much was your TTE?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links