Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Test Drove A Lc5 The Other Day

Nightstalker

Hey all...

looks like my Rav might be changed to a LC sooner than I think...

Test drove one at Octagon Toyota in Reading and after reading all the doom reports about how the LC rolls in corners and makes you sea sick on bumpy rides etc etc I was hoping that these reports were right and I could then halt my persuit for the LC... However I found the ride most comfy and the little roll that seems to bother some well lets put it this way I DIDNT EXPERIENCE IT.... then again I didnt try to do about 40 on a roundabout.... :lol:

Anywho, in my previous posts I asked about fuel consumption and accertained that I would pretty much get the same kind of consumption as from my Petrol Rav, taking into account the size of the tank on the LC and the milage some guys have stated works out about 2 tank fills for my Rav which for the LC would be one filling(so could be cheaper than 2 petrol tanks...)

What I would like to put out to you fine fellow Toyota drivers (specially for those who own a 03 LC4 or LC5 3ltr TD) could you advise what your major gripe would be (if any - if none let us also know)

If you have had major issues can you please also let us know - would like to know what your major expense was for a repair. I have also found out that the servicing costs seem the same as the RAV so the expense there is the same...

Whats the LC like on tyre wear (what size tyres do they take again are they 275 65 17s??)

For you family girls and boys out there... (those with littlens who need child seats/infant seats or booster ones) is it possible to put 3 next to each other on the rear passenger seats (not the fold down ones...) If not then worst case scenario would be that our eldest would need to sit on the fold down seat and on our journeys up to Bonny Scotland we would most probably have to source a roof box...

Anyway, hope you fine people out there can help us out....

For you fun and crazy Rav bunch... I will miss Big Red when she's gone but will never forget her and the fine bunch of Ravvers on this forum... :) -

Regards

Rob

B)

Hi Nightstalker,

I've got a 57-reg LC4 & can't really say I have any gripes, apart from not using it as much as I used to & am thinking of selling it rather than have it parked up in the driveway. It's an excellent car and only thing that I would want to see improved is fuel consumption - best I've seen is 27 MPG but in fairness that's better than our auto RAV4 (02 reg). And I would not recommend Astral Black as it is an absolute b*gg*r to keep clean!

Mine has 22K miles up now & tyres are about 30% worn - had them swapped back to front at last service just to even the wear although they seem to feather the outer tread edges a bit at the front as a matter of course (tracking's spot on).

Can't see why three kiddies' seats shold be a problem. We often have two in back (10 yrs & 13 yrs) plus granddaughter's ISOFIX seat & there's plenty of room.

Drives really well and build quality is second to none. Servicing costs are very reasonable but it's important to check prices beforehand - I got different quotes from Toyota dealers in different local towns. Better to use Toyota approved service centres (i.e. without new car franchises) as they seem to be cheaper but are still OK from warranty perspective.

Hope this helps & good luckwith your purchase.

Firemac

Hey all...

Test drove one at Octagon Toyota in Reading and after reading all the doom reports about how the LC rolls in corners and makes you sea sick on bumpy rides etc etc I was hoping that these reports were right and I could then halt my persuit for the LC... However I found the ride most comfy and the little roll that seems to bother some well lets put it this way I DIDNT EXPERIENCE IT.... then again I didnt try to do about 40 on a roundabout.... :lol:

Anywho, in my previous posts I asked about fuel consumption and accertained that I would pretty much get the same kind of consumption as from my Petrol Rav, taking into account the size of the tank on the LC and the milage some guys have stated works out about 2 tank fills for my Rav which for the LC would be one filling(so could be cheaper than 2 petrol tanks...)

What I would like to put out to you fine fellow Toyota drivers (specially for those who own a 03 LC4 or LC5 3ltr TD) could you advise what your major gripe would be (if any - if none let us also know)

If you have had major issues can you please also let us know - would like to know what your major expense was for a repair. I have also found out that the servicing costs seem the same as the RAV so the expense there is the same...

Whats the LC like on tyre wear (what size tyres do they take again are they 275 65 17s??)

For you family girls and boys out there... (those with littlens who need child seats/infant seats or booster ones) is it possible to put 3 next to each other on the rear passenger seats (not the fold down ones...) If not then worst case scenario would be that our eldest would need to sit on the fold down seat and on our journeys up to Bonny Scotland we would most probably have to source a roof box...

For you fun and crazy Rav bunch... I will miss Big Red when she's gone but will never forget her and the fine bunch of Ravvers on this forum... :) -

Regards

Rob

B)

Hi NS,

Something strange about msg system & I can't access your last note again.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes they are 265 65R 17.

Rgds,

Jim

Hi Nightstalker,

I've got a 57-reg LC4 & can't really say I have any gripes, apart from not using it as much as I used to & am thinking of selling it rather than have it parked up in the driveway. It's an excellent car and only thing that I would want to see improved is fuel consumption - best I've seen is 27 MPG but in fairness that's better than our auto RAV4 (02 reg). And I would not recommend Astral Black as it is an absolute b*gg*r to keep clean!

Mine has 22K miles up now & tyres are about 30% worn - had them swapped back to front at last service just to even the wear although they seem to feather the outer tread edges a bit at the front as a matter of course (tracking's spot on).

Can't see why three kiddies' seats shold be a problem. We often have two in back (10 yrs & 13 yrs) plus granddaughter's ISOFIX seat & there's plenty of room.

Drives really well and build quality is second to none. Servicing costs are very reasonable but it's important to check prices beforehand - I got different quotes from Toyota dealers in different local towns. Better to use Toyota approved service centres (i.e. without new car franchises) as they seem to be cheaper but are still OK from warranty perspective.

Hope this helps & good luckwith your purchase.

Firemac

Hey all...

Regards

Rob

B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links