Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting After Market Sunroof

Paul99

Hi,

I have a 2007 (facelift model) Avensis T3-X D4D. I'm considering getting a Webasto Hollandia 700 sunroof fitted. Has anybody done this? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a 2007 (facelift model) Avensis T3-X D4D. I'm considering getting a Webasto Hollandia 700 sunroof fitted. Has anybody done this? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Why would you want to? They usually reduce the headroom a bit plus the cost of it will be way more than the cost of using the air conditioning.

I am with James on this one.... its fine if the sun roof is already fitted but there is now way I would pay extra for one :angry:

Run the air conditioning.... its much nicer :D

I am with James on this one.... its fine if the sun roof is already fitted but there is now way I would pay extra for one :angry:

Cars are fitted with either Sunroof or Air con, never fitted with both by the manufacturer as far as I am aware.

Hi,

My previous car had both A/C and a factory fitted electric tilt/slide sunroof, so I had the best of both worlds. With a sunroof you can get increased ventilation and more light in the car. With the sunroof 'tilted' and the A/C on, you got more air through the aircon.

I'm interested to know if anybody has had a sunroof fitted in an Avensis, and if you had any problems with it.

Thanks.

Cars are fitted with either Sunroof or Air con, never fitted with both by the manufacturer as far as I am aware.

Yaris T Sport has both!

It will leak, it may increase your insurance, it may weaken the Shell in the event of a collision and it can all go wrong with the can opener, stick with the air con :thumbsup:

My Avensis has both, factory fitted. It's the CDX model. Given the choice I'd have air con over a sun roof, but it is nice to have the sun roof open on a warmish day that doesn't warrant the aircon being on.

As for the original question, I haven't used them before. As has already been mentioned though, sliding sunroofs do eat into your headroom which is a slight problem for somebody tall like me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links