Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Cam Belt/timing Belt

hemmy

I've got a 2005 Rav4 XT3 and it has just had its 60000 mile service, which included having the timing belt changed.After I got the car back from the garage(today) I took out and I think it's got a problem.When I was driving at speed and overtaking, I took it down a gear and the engine screamed and wined, and also when I am travelling at speed, and take my foot of the accelerator, there is a similar noise from the engine.This is not noticable if I am doing a steady/slower speed, and since I've had the car from new, this noise has never happened before.Is it a fault, or does the cam belt just need to settle down.Any ideas?

I've got a 2005 Rav4 XT3 and it has just had its 60000 mile service, which included having the timing belt changed.After I got the car back from the garage(today) I took out and I think it's got a problem.When I was driving at speed and overtaking, I took it down a gear and the engine screamed and wined, and also when I am travelling at speed, and take my foot of the accelerator, there is a similar noise from the engine.This is not noticable if I am doing a steady/slower speed, and since I've had the car from new, this noise has never happened before.Is it a fault, or does the cam belt just need to settle down.Any ideas?

Sometimes when there is too much tension on the belt they will give out a whining noise but TBH there is too much at stake to risk allowing it to settle. If the belt breaks it may wreck the engine so if I were you it would be as little use as possible before getting it back to the repairer

Could be that the Aux belts are loose too, As I think these need to be removed to change the cam belt. These do scream a lot. :Jumpy:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links