Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Farewell My 3 Door Rav4.

Uncle Bob

Update.. Once we had made the decision to sell our faithful 3 door Rav4, it was then down to how to sell it and how much to put it up for, looking around at the used car market its all a bit of dome and gloom but then again the RAV4 vehicle seems to command good used values :yes: .

Values of the late 3 door vehicle have been very good and they all seem to be above the used buyers guide, like Parkers and WhatCar, so i pitched the RAV4 a £6995 ,thats a 21800 miles and full dealer history...well the phone never stopped ringing , must of had around 11 calls, and lucy for me or them the second called came and bought the car.

No haggling with the price, just a bit of a sweat for me as they looked at it on a Saturday and left no deposit yet returned the following Saturday to do the deal.

So it seems if you have a desirable vehicle you can ask your own price, as i got £2000 more than a local Toyota dealer offered me as a cash sale and £1400 more that the Parkers guide price.

Then again there are limits to how much over the price you can ask, two 3 doors on AutoTrader site ,to me arehaving a laugh, one was £10,995 and another £13995 :eek:

So with no RAV4 i guess I'll slip from this section, as without the Rav4 I'd feel like a fish out of water , i have collected a large amount of die cast, brochures and genuine workshop manuals over the years, not sure if to part with them yet ,as i could never say never that i could get another Rav4 a few years down the line.

So you guys keep those photo's coming for the RAV4 photo thread , as with new members joining all the time , I'm sure we would all like to see your wheel...all the best guys :thumbsup:

Interesting stuff Bob.

I must admit I really like this new 150 engined RAV and keep pondering but I am probably going to wait at least 12 months to see if anything pops up on the TSB list.

However, I don't agree with you making your apologies from this section as I think I echo the thoughts of many here that will always consider you an honourary member and highly regard your input. You may no longer have the vehicle but you will always have the experience and knowledge that we all appreciate.

For that reason it would be very nice if you would keep in touch.

Best regards......

I must admit I really like this new 150 engined RAV and keep pondering but I am probably going to wait at least 12 months to see if anything pops up on the TSB list.

Anchorman, might be worth waiting a bit longer to see what the hybrid is like? [if Mr T does go that route for the RAV :unsure: ]

Don't be a stranger Bob - you never know when someone may benefit from your accrued wisdom. :thumbsup:

Trouble is i still very much like the 3 door RAV4 and do wish it never had to go but for thoughts of you that know my family reasons for selling...it had to be.

I guess there are 1000's of car owners up and down the country that have had to sell their cars, not sure if I'm happy with money in the bank or sad to see it driving off up the road with a new owner.

Thank you for your kind word guys, having been on here since the RAV4 got its own section i sort of feel like part of the furnture...maybe i should stick around :)

What year and spec was it Uncle Bob ?

What year and spec was it Uncle Bob ?

2004 53 plate

XT3 Petrol Auto

3 door.

However, I don't agree with you making your apologies from this section as I think I echo the thoughts of many here that will always consider you an honourary member and highly regard your input. You may no longer have the vehicle but you will always have the experience and knowledge that we all appreciate.

For that reason it would be very nice if you would keep in touch.

Exactly!!

Best wishes Bob, whatever you end up doing. :thumbsup:

maybe i should stick around :)

Please :yes:

Best wishes and all the best Bob :thumbsup:

Bob, get a hold of yourself man. You cant leave :no::no::no:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links