Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav

igormus

Hi Guys

I washed my RAV today and disclosed the tail (rear) exhaust pipe edge got a bit rusted from outside diametre. However I have seen before that the same piece of pipe is normally painted in black -- may be this is galvanic coverage or paint -- I still can not understand. Does anyone can explain it?

Cheers/Igor

Igor

They seem to be mild steel and the only untreated part of the exhaust - mine is slightly rusty too and if yours was stood at the dealer it may be worse. Some of the others have fitted a chrome tail pipe which hides it but although it is rusty I think it is not detrimental.

You could always get some stove enamel or hammerite and paint it again!

Igor

They seem to be mild steel and the only untreated part of the exhaust - mine is slightly rusty too and if yours was stood at the dealer it may be worse. Some of the others have fitted a chrome tail pipe which hides it but although it is rusty I think it is not detrimental.

You could always get some stove enamel or hammerite and paint it again!

Hello again

Yes i thought that I will clean this tail by steel brush and after cover by rust remoover containing zinc dissolved in its formula. after have dried i will use the same black paint using spray bottle. the result must be good.

cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links