Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My 2007 Avensis Got Hit While Parked - Unlucky!

ssid

Hi All

My 2007 Avensis Tourer got hit while parked in my drive. The neighbour across the road forgot to put his handbrake on, his car rolled out of his drive and straight into the rear side of mine damaging the bumber, rear wheel arche and rear door, also knocked the whole car about 45".

Decided to use Toyota Accident management as I wanted to retain my Toyota warranty as my insurer wanted to use their repairer (not toyota approved). Essentially you have a hire credit agreement to replace your car while it is being repaired. All costs (car hire and repair) to be recovered from the other party's insurer as it is a non fault accident. My insurer is not involved other than reporting the accident to them for information only

Anyone have experience of getting their car repaired using an accident managment scheme like this? How good are accident repairs at the end of the day - standard guarantee of 3 years ?

Thanks

post-25659-1248351810_thumb.jpg

Bad luck, that's some serious damage suffered from a non-powered vehicle.

If an accident happens on private property (ie your drive) are you still covered by insurance, either yours or his? Thought these things often ended up with a 50/50 split, depending on the other guy's conscience of course.

Could he be done in court for leaving his moving vehicle unattended on the highway, assuming it crossed a public road to reach your driveway?

Thought these things often ended up with a 50/50 split, depending on the other guy's conscience of course.

50/50 split? You having a laff? What planet are you on?

The neighbour takes the full financial hit for loses/repairs/hire car/loss of earnings due to no transport etc. I would be informing the Police as well for future reference...

By 50/50 I meant standing the cost of repairs to your OWN car, either via your insurance company, or out of your own pocket.

Mate of mine had an accident on private land, insurance companies involved weren't interested in blame, and only paid for their own client's repairs.

By 50/50 I meant standing the cost of repairs to your OWN car, either via your insurance company, or out of your own pocket.

Mate of mine had an accident on private land, insurance companies involved weren't interested in blame, and only paid for their own client's repairs.

I had a ******* in a truck run into the back of my Avensis. Took it to approved repairer to get it checked out and was told I needed new tow bar and fittings and some minor body repair.

My Insurers appointed Accident Management Company who provided Passat TDI Sport as replacement vehicle. It took Approved Repairers over six weeks to repair my motor.

It's one of the fiddles in the insurance industry. The replacement car is provided on credit hire which is double the normal hire rate. Accident Management Company make their money by getting a drink from the car hire people and no doubt the repairer gets something for taking as long as possible to repair the car. Still waiting to hear outcome and am expecting it to go to Court as the ******* truck driver is disputing running into the back of me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links